Your question

Kingston HyperX Blu stuck overclocking

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
October 6, 2010 7:51:24 PM

Hello,

I'm currently trying to get my memory to run at 1333 Mhz/6-6-6-17. Stock settings are rated at 1600 Mhz/9-9-9-25 so I didn't really think my goals were out of reach until I actually tried to tighten those timings. Turns out that whenever I try to push the memory beyond 1180-ish it will give me a blue screen.
So why don't I just raise the voltage to get it stable, right? Well that's what I did, starting from 1.5v raising all the way up to 1.7v would do absolutely nothing to improve stability.
At 1600 Mhz the best I could do were timings of 8-8-8-22 and perhaps throw in a few sevens in there as well.

Perhaps someone could give me some advice on what kind of actions might be benificial for my overclock, or break the news to me that it's just not going to happen.

Specs:

Amd Phenom II X4 955BE @ 4 Ghz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Corsair TX650W
1 GB Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 460
Antec Three Hundred
Asus M4A87TD-EVO
1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200 RPM
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 Mhz

Most of my voltages are set to auto, except for my Vdimm and Vcore which are set at 1.55v and 1.41875v respectively.

Thanks to all those who are willing to give me their take on the matter. :) 
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
October 7, 2010 12:05:46 AM

There is a reason you may not get better latencies than 9-9-9-25. The mfr would have put them in the 7-8-7-7-21 box, and charged you another $100 if they were stable on those settings. If you get it stable at 8-9-8-8-25, you are doing well.
October 7, 2010 2:39:38 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Although I have to disagree with you treefrog, doesn't your reasoning defeat the sole purpose of overclocking? Companies have to take a large margin of error into account when manufacturing any component, of which some batches will inevitably be of better quality than others, to get good yields instead of having to discard a bunch. In my opinion overclocking is nothing more than exploring how lucky you were on a particular piece of hardware, which is exactly what I'm doing.

I appreciate the advice, both of you. Very good link RJR, it's filled with good info! I tried 6-7-6-20 at 1333 Mhz and that worked, so I think we can agree that it won't go any further than that even when I raise voltages?
!