Seagate CRC Error

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • External Hard Drive
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
September 21, 2010 12:03:27 AM

Hey All

Thanks for stopping by....Here's the deal. I was given a laptop hard drive to try and recover data off of. I use an external hard drive docking station and hooked it up however cant access it. I see it when I connect the dock to my computer but when I try and read the drive I get the CRC error. I can't even access it with data recovery software...Does anyone have any ideas as to how and fix this short of bringing it in and seeing if they can get the data off manually which I am sure will be expensive.

Thanks for stopping by

More about : seagate crc error

Best solution

a b G Storage
September 21, 2010 3:58:03 AM

sparker781 said:
Hey All

Thanks for stopping by....Here's the deal. I was given a laptop hard drive to try and recover data off of. I use an external hard drive docking station and hooked it up however cant access it. I see it when I connect the dock to my computer but when I try and read the drive I get the CRC error. I can't even access it with data recovery software...Does anyone have any ideas as to how and fix this short of bringing it in and seeing if they can get the data off manually which I am sure will be expensive.

Thanks for stopping by

I've had a similar problem recently, here's the thread I've started about it. I've been really busy and haven't been able to completely follow through w/ the advice given, but maybe it'll work for you.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261985-32-luck-next-s...
a c 115 G Storage
September 21, 2010 5:08:45 AM

Have you tried to download the Seagate Tool to diagnose the HDD?
The other software I like to use is SpinRite.
m
l
October 1, 2010 12:57:09 PM

Best answer selected by sparker781.
m
l
!