Empire Total War

Total War Addict

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Will I be able to run ETW w/ a 2.4 GHz duel core CPU and an nvidia geforce 8800GS, Budget easily around 120 dollars up to 200 dollars tops, could you atleast recomend a new mobo/cpu combo, or do I need a new system entirely? Iv'e got an old compaq w/ a single core 2800+ 8800GS and a gig of ram. I know thats a minimum specifaction. but it sums it up pretty well,
Iv'e hears it said that medieval II at highest graphics is empire at lowest, and that scared me. And if I need a new system than I guess I could bump up the budget to a MAXIMUM of 400 bucks. could you post a thread to a new machine, or upgrade that could run ETW. Sorry for the grammer problems lol. Also even if you recomend a new machine, could you point out a mobo cpu combo.

Yes. I used to be able to run RTW: Europa Barbarorum (greatest mod ever for RTW and MTW2) at nearly max resolution with a crap 7300LE and/or 8400m GS.

8800GS would easily be able to run it since it is a decent mid tiered card. OC your CPU if you can

BadTrip

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

he said he had a compaq. No overclocking.

Total War Addict

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
I would lke to comfortably max out this game at at least 15 fps, (so I can run newer games when they come out)
do i have to evert to icore to do this? a phenom combo is what i'm looking at,. thoughts?