Blue Screen of Death on new Build!!! HELP!!!!

dj-jumbles

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
Guys, here's the new rig:
Intel E8500 3.16Ghz... no OC!
Zalman 9700
4GB OCZ Reaper HPC PC 6400 (800mhz) att 4-4-4-15
OCZ 8800GTX 768MB
OCZ Fatality 750W PSU
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard

I've got everything set up and ready to go and when I go to start loading Windows or even install a fresh copy of Windows, it stalls out when loading the PCI.sys file and gives me the BSOD with the following error info:

STOP: 0x0000007E
PCI.SYS Address F75FE0BF base at F75F7000 Datestamp 3b7d855c

I've adjusted memory voltage to 2.1V (specs on the memory sheet)

It also gives me a Windows error intermittantly with something along the lines of: Hey, *******, your boot hardware is not configured correctly and we cannot load Windows. I've got both a SATA drive and an old IDE and neither will it work with. My gut reaction is that my motherboard is bad since I can't even get it to recognise my SATA drive.

HELP!!!!!!

Have you tried running the memory at 5-5-5-18 to see if it helps?

I've got both a SATA drive and an old IDE and neither will it work with. My gut reaction is that my motherboard is bad since I can't even get it to recognise my SATA drive.
How could you test with the SATA disk if it isn't recognized?

dj-jumbles

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
Sorry, the error for the boot only occurs with the IDE drive. I think that I have a Southbridge problem since the HD's wont work right and I'm getting the PCI error. Am I on to something?

kubes

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
Make sure to update your bios. Yes I think your onto something. A lot of boards that have both IDE and SATA ports have problems booting from the IDE connectors. At least I know this has been a problem i've seen with many boards.

dj-jumbles

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
Well, tried a few things and here is where I am:

My SATA drive will not come on for anything. Tried a new one from Best Buy and it wouldn't power up either, so I took it back for my refund (good troubleshooting tip). It keeps coming up with the same issue with either the pci.sys file or the Hard Drive Configuration error BS. I'm going to DL the new BIOS version tonight and hope like heck that it fixes it. If not, it's RMA time.

thanks for the input