Sign in with
Your question

How do I change drive H: to E:???

Last response: in Storage
September 21, 2010 2:40:32 AM

Hello all,
I had an internal HD go bad in my computer and after removing it my external drive has changed from E: to H: and iTunes can't find my music. How do I change it back to E:?
Thanks

More about : change drive

a b G Storage
September 21, 2010 3:03:56 AM

tacodelite said:
Hello all,
I had an internal HD go bad in my computer and after removing it my external drive has changed from E: to H: and iTunes can't find my music. How do I change it back to E:?
Thanks

If you're in windows 7 or probably Vista press the start button and search for "disk management" and click on "create and format and hard disk partition".

You'll see the window divided into two parts, the top with a summary of each drive and the bottom with larger boxes representing each drive. Scroll down to the drive which letter you want to change click on the box that represents it (w/ the blue bar on top). Then right click the box and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths". A new window should appear, select "change" then another window will appear, where you should be able to change the letter path of the drive. Then press ok, or apply until all your changes are saved and you should be good.
m
l
September 21, 2010 3:11:18 AM

I should have noted I'm running XP pro.
m
l
Related resources
a c 415 G Storage
September 21, 2010 3:16:40 AM

It's basically the same on XP:

- Right-click "My Computer", select "Manage"
- Click the "Disk Management" link in the left pane.
- Find your disk in the LOWER portion of the right pane
- Right-click on the disk and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths..."

You have to make sure that no programs have anything open on the drive when you do this.
m
l
September 21, 2010 3:20:53 AM

Got it. That worked. Thank you!
m
l
a b G Storage
September 21, 2010 3:48:48 AM

tacodelite said:
Got it. That worked. Thank you!

Awesome!
m