M4N82 Deluxe + 7950 GX2 x2 Quad SLI

Souly

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Hey folks!

I am in need of a new motherboard for my "old" rig. So i was looking around and found M4N82 Deluxe and i now have some question i really hope someone can answer :)

Specs:
CPU: AMD FX62 Socket AM2
GPU: 2x XFX 7950 GX2
Memory: 2x 1066mhz DDR2 Corsair (CM2x1024-8500C5)

1. Does the MB support Quad SLI? Worked on my M2N32 WS, though not perfect but i think it was driver related.
2. I read that the MB will use 16x on both blue ports, even in SLI. Would the 7950 GX2s be compatible in this mode?
3. If it is compatible to use both in 16x, would i notice any performance boost?

If all this would work, maybe its worth spending a little more cash for this investment, since the MB is actually "future-safe" for me with upgrades.
Thats all i can think of now.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Nils

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Indeed you're right. My apologies as I have little knowledge about amd socket motherboards. I see you're going for an asus board so check out their website (go to the global one as it has better spec sheets) and take a look at all the boards which have the socket you need. If you find something that has the specs that suit your needs, check what the price is and whether it is within your budget. If you have any more specific questions post them and i'll try to help.