Are these voltages ok for my i5-750 oc?

alexttlyrocks

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
so I just got some crucial ballistix 1600 ram and oc'ed. But I also had to do some different things that I've ever done before to get it overclocked, can someone tell me if these voltages are ok to run on without damaging anything.

I5-750 vcore - 1.17
bclk - 162
multiplier - X21

now I've heard several times you shouldn't have your imc, or vtt, voltage more than .4 below the voltage of the ram, so I had to push my imc voltage up a little bit, this is what I want to know is safe.

imc volt. - 1.23

dram volt. - 1.63 at 1620 mhz

Vcore and IMC/VTT absolute max limits are both 1.4V

IMC is almost always lower than Vcore. That 0.4V rule is a bit of a wierd one. I wouldn't worry about it unless there's issues.

So the voltages are all safe, but the question is how stable is it? Have you run tests? Are temps fine? (72C limit)

With that much IMC voltage, I wouldn't be surprised if you could lower the Vcore a bit. Generally IMC is less than Vcore, but it's not a problem to have it higher.

alexttlyrocks

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I ran into a bsod with my imc and 1.17. I ran a stress test for about 24 hours on my current voltages and it was fine, no problems, no stops.
I was just making sure it was fine to have the imc so hi above the vcore and what not.