Asus AI Suite says I'm running at below 1ghz

I built my first system using a AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.0GHz cpu with a ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO motherboard.

The motherboard came with a cd that has a lot of utilities and drivers. I installed from that cd: ASUS GPU Boost Driver, ASUS EPU, ASUS PC Probe II, ASUS AI Suite, and ASUS TurboV EVO.

Also the motherboard has two onboard switches that I have on. Turbo Key II and Core Unlocker.

I started up AI Suite and it showed me running at 3.5Ghz for about 15 seconds, then it dropped to below 1Ghz.

here's a screen shot of it.

There's a "Auto Tuning" feature in the bios that I have not tried yet. I'm new to overclocking so I don't want to mess with a lot of settings without knowing what they do.

I want to OC my cpu to a stable 3.4-3.5ghz. How can I get it to stay there?
5 answers Last reply
More about asus suite running 1ghz
  1. I would download a copy of CPU-Z and run it in parallel for a second opinion.

Now for your original question, your speed may be because "Cool n Quiet" has kicked in and reduced your CPU speed to save energy and reduce heat and noise. Increase the CPU load and it should go to full speed.
  2. seen the voltage on that screenshot, im pretty sure that "jsc" is right!
  3. ^ Cool n Quiet for sure... it's a good thing.
  4. dont worry,your power saving features are causing this.it happens to me also.once you start some cpu intensive tasks it will be back to its normal speeds.
  5. how to disable gpu booster of asuite ii
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Asus Motherboards Overclocking