Windows XP Login Screen (Welcome Screen)

I do not want to have the Windows Login Screen when I
turn on my computer. I have gone to Control Panel and
unchecked Windows Welcome screen, but it keeps popping up
ever since I updated to Office 2003 Professional.

Can someone please help? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows login screen welcome screen

    Hi

    If you want to logon onto to Windows without having to enter a password, try
    the following:

    From Start>Run type in

    control userpasswords2

    then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this
    computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log On' -
    delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your
    account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way out
    and then reboot your system.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | I do not want to have the Windows Login Screen when I
    | turn on my computer. I have gone to Control Panel and
    | unchecked Windows Welcome screen, but it keeps popping up
    | ever since I updated to Office 2003 Professional.
    |
    | Can someone please help? Thanks.

Configuration Login Windows XP