Windows XP Login Screen (Welcome Screen)

mark

I do not want to have the Windows Login Screen when I
turn on my computer. I have gone to Control Panel and
unchecked Windows Welcome screen, but it keeps popping up
ever since I updated to Office 2003 Professional.

Can someone please help? Thanks.

Hi

If you want to logon onto to Windows without having to enter a password, try
the following:

From Start>Run type in

control userpasswords2

then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log On' -
delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your
account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way out
and then reboot your system.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I do not want to have the Windows Login Screen when I
| turn on my computer. I have gone to Control Panel and
| unchecked Windows Welcome screen, but it keeps popping up
| ever since I updated to Office 2003 Professional.
|
| Can someone please help? Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS