Which of these fans should I get?

niloklives

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Please bare in mind this is for a friend so I have to be able to convince him of the best possible path in this situation

I'm setting up a Corsair H50 with push/pull config in an antec 1200 case with an Asus Sabertooth X58

Because the case is filled with blue LED fans we'd like the fans on the H50 to follow suit.

I was looking at these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835207008

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103060

The sunbeams have no feedback on them so far anywhere from what I can tell, but they're a good company from what I hear and aside from the low RPM, they seem pretty good. I'm not sure how important that low RPM is since they have such high CFM.

If you have other suggestions at that price point I'm all ears, but they need to be available on newegg because my friend won't even go to Microcenter to save 70 dollars on his processor. He's that intent on buying from newegg.

Also I hear static pressure is more important for radiators? Is there an easy way to figure out which one has more or is it enough to of a difference to even bother?

Should I set this up to draw air from inside and let the bigboy take care of most of the exhaust? or should I set the fans for exhaust along with the rear? I'm thinking the latter, but I figure it's worth asking in case I'm missing something

Lastly, this isn't the first system I've built but it is the first one I've build with so many fans. From what I understand, the internal fans on the 1200 are chain-able molex(it's all at his place and I haven't cracked anything open yet), so that's not an issue, but will the 3 pins on the radiator fan reach the mobo ok or should I get a splitter and run them both to CHA_FAN1?

Thanks a lot, guys

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
Sorry missed some of your question. You definitely want things to exhaust out of the case, except the front or side intake fans obviously. I know this is a little more money, but I would invest in a fan controller, they really come in handy.

tx-jose

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
totally agree.......

the front fans on a system should always be pulling air into the case (puller fans) and in the back of the case you should have pullers as well......getting the air OUT of the case. you do not want to have whats called an "Air flow short circuit" where you have a pusher and a puller fan too close together and the air is not going anywhere.

niloklives

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Yeah I thought so. just corsair says the cooler works better when pulling in air from outside, so i wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Still I'm looking for fans with blue LEDs and I'm curious about the best way to hook them up. Will the board supply enough power to both fans from one connector, or would I better off just hooking them up to a molex connector? I understand the virtues of a fan controller but I'm not going to be able to convince my friend of that unless it's something cheap and that he'll never have to fuss with.

Try to understand he's not even tech savvy enough to build his own machine, so I'm kinda looking for simplicity here.

Thanks again

niloklives

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
yeah I know. I had considered all that. why I asked to make sure. I thought of everything exactly as you laid out, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. just so we're clear, I'm agreeing, not arguing.

anyway that's not my concern anymore. I'm curious now about which fans to use and the best way to do the wiring.

d1rtyju1c3

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
Solution

tx-jose

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010

f you want to hide all of your wiring......go buy some heat shrink tubing, 18gauge wire and some flex lum, some wire cutters/strippers, and a soldering iron and supplies extend the wiring o that you can route it around the edges of the case or where ever it is that you want to route them :D