Help with my new pc please

dmxgordon

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
I buy a new pc ( http://www.mediadot.ro/wishlist/4935/ ) and the problemis that i only use 4 Gb of Ram becouse when I put all the 8 Gb it will freeze at loading screen in OS. When i enter in safe mode it freezes at crcdisk.sys. I run Vista Ultimate X64. I tried to chande the OS, I test all my Rams and there was no problem. Can someone help me please? I found some guys on this forum with the same problem but i'm no good at overclocking and i have no money left to buy another motherboard or something so i hope i'll finaly solve my problem here. I apologies for my bag english and i hope there is someone who can help me. I sure would be in debt to the one who could help me solve this enigma. Thank you for your consideration.

Nils

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
I guess if you install 8gb all four slots are used? If so, it a very common issue that the boot doesn't boot well with all slots occupied. I has the same problem when i wanted to upgrade from 2x1gb to 4x1gb. The board didn't boot too. The only way i got it working was by swapping the sticks around and then i suddenly found a sequence in which everthing worked. However, for some reasons dual channel stopped working what give you reduced bandwidth. Finally i ended up getting 2x2gb which worked flawlessly. I don't what you are using your pc for but in most cases you will never need 8gb. Try do the same thing as me and try different ways of inserting the ram. I you would find a working combination, check wheither dual channel is still enabled with CPU-Z under the memory tab.

Boot with only 1 stick installed.
Enter BIOS to make sure all settings are detecting and set correctly.
Bump up your memory voltage slightly.
Install your OS, configure, get it working like you want.
Install the rest of your memory.

dmxgordon

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
I'm not at home right now but i'm comming back in 3 or 4 days. So i will post the results then. Thank you for helping me.

dmxgordon

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
When i arrived at home i flashed my bios. Becouse Nils sugestion was not working becouse if you look at that Link i've posted you should see that i have 4 identical Rams. And becouse jitpublisher sugestion wassn't working. That was yesterday. Today when i open my pc it was working. if something goe's wrong i'll post again. Thank you for your help guys.

dmxgordon

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Today it happened again. So if you guys have any other suggestions please post here. This pc is consuming me...and sorry about the tripple post. When i try to edit the last post is say's that i'm not allowed to do this.

dmxgordon

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
My pc has stoped even with 4 Gb of ram. When i first switch it on it make's a sound like this: Beep, trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, beep. Can someone tell me wat's going on please? Thank you