Cpu problem....

aceooaceoo

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
i have a pc I built myself. I am running:
Ram 4gb
processor: AMD Am2 X3 2.2 ghz
gpu: XFX Nvidia 8800 GTS

I have tired a clean install, I have checked my temps and I though I fixed the problem I install a 3rd party heatsink and brought my cpu temps down by 20C but increased GPu temps by 10C. Mt GPu is only running 65C which is the reason why I dont suspect overheating. I have tested it many times and I see my processor is getting maxed, but doesnt make alot sense that my processor would cause such bad video problems, but the problem should be fixed when I drop settings down to low and it is still bad I get horrible video lag when I am trying to raid in lotro... I have tested my system on other games and lotro is the only game to seem to give me fits that I have noticed atleast. My problem is that I dont have alot of money to throw in to fix what I believe and then figure out after I install the new thing that isnt the problem and help would be appreciative....

thanks

ask questions I will try and answer to best of my knowledge....

wuzy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
8800GTS 320/640MB (G80) or 512MB (G92)?

but the problem should be fixed when I drop settings down to low and it is still bad I get horrible video lag when I am trying to raid in lotro... I have tested my system on other games and lotro is the only game to seem to give me fits that I have noticed atleast.
It's still possible that limitation comes from your hardware. If you're running a G80 based 8800GTS, it's a very old card by today standard.

You should be running Forceware 185.56 and whatever is the latest for your motherboard's chipset.
If you're still not getting enough performance from latest drivers your next option is to overclock both CPU & GPU.