Asus Rampage Formula LCD Poster Not Working!

ragsters

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
I have the 775 socket Asus Rampage Formula motherboard and my LCD Poster that reads errors on the motherboard just stopped working. There is no more lite, words or anything. It was working fine before I left for a 5 day trip and when I came back I turned on my computer, did all the windows updates and then I noticed the problem. Do you guys think it has anything to do with Windows? What about the mobo itself? Or do you guys just think the little lcd poster just broke? Before you guys ask I checked the cable to see if it loose and I check the pins on the motherboard and everything seems fine.

Solution
I would think if the MB failed a lot of other problems would show up. If the BIOS appears to control the device, looks like the LCD Poster itself went bad. Be sure to explain the board is under warranty.
I currently have eight ASUS MBs up and running. From Socket A, 754, 939 and 775s. Never had a single problem with any of them. If I ever do, I hope support speaks english. They should. The Taiwanese are paying cash for homes around here. ;)

My LCD poster has worked every day for more than a year. I have had a good experience with my ASUS Maximus Formula SE X38. I want to takem it down, clean (blow it out) and installl the new Q9550 I bought from Microcentr for $169. This sytem has worked flawlessly OC'ed to 3GHz with a Q9450. I let it run 24/7 a lot. Sleep mode after 25 minutes. Hopefuly your MB is not failing. I have never RMA's a MB to ASUS. I have seven or eight of their units running currently and some for many years. Warrantys/support long past.

ragsters

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
You know its kinda funny. The poster they gave me is a little different then the one I had before. The logo is of a "G" that says Republic Of Gamers around the letter while the old one is of an airplane that says Republic Of Gamers under it. I wonder if there is a difference.

I'm on my A8N32-SLI Deluxe now. In the back room My ASUS socket 754 is set up if girls kick me out of this 'contract' room and use this computer. Then tommorrow, I'll be at our other office with my ASUS A8N-SLI. My stuff is getting old. Thats why I picked up the C2Q 9550 for $169 and an ASUS P45 MB. One soket 754 I have in a lab of ours is getting too slow for what we use it for. Clinical photography mainly. Then we keep avoiding buying new digital x-ray equiptment. We have stopped serious research for now, it's espensive. I have been to major conventions looking at all the latest technoloy regarding 'cone beam' digital x-ray, but not lately. Do you know anything about digital x-ray equiptment? I know more than the salesmen selling it. It is impressive. Our current equiptment is traditional x-ray with film that is deleloped with an x-ray developer. It would be great to take a skull film and have the image appear on the computer's hard drive (digital x-ray). Then using an overpriced software suite, create 3D imiging of the x-ray. One click of the mouse would produce hundreds of measurements of the bones for example. That measuring alone takes hours of our time. Hospitals and universitys have the latest digital x-ray equiptment. The time is fast approaching when prvate business like ours will too. We could already have this a few years ago. We had contracts all worked out to buy. But our equiptment works fine. I want to run this new technology though. I would be in charge. Nobody else here knows anything except my wife. And she wants me to do everything anyways.

http://www.sirona.com/ecomaXL/index.php?site=SIRONA_COM_xraysystems

Edit for Writer's embellishments,