Cell Phone Calls

Ron

When I make a cell phone call to a sim, that sim suddenly appears at my
house. Has anyone else had this problem?

All phone calls make the sim appear at your house. Usually they are
invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation. Do you have any
teleport, friendship or greeting hacks?

MM

"Ron" <rshavis1@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> When I make a cell phone call to a sim, that sim suddenly appears at my
> house. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ron

None that I am aware of. I've gone thru my downloads folder twice and
haven't seen anything. The sims that appear are not invsible and they will
hang around until you say goodbye to them.

Madame Mim wrote:
> All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.

Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?

> Usually they are
> invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.

Then how do you know they're there?

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Madame Mim wrote:
>
>> All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.
>

> Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?
>
>> Usually they are
>> invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.
>

> Then how do you know they're there?

LMAO!!

---Sandra

When I had the disappearing friends bug (from my phone list) I
serendipitously had to kick someone off of my lot (stuck delivery guy IIRC).
Everybody I couldn't phone was an option to kick off of lot, also, they all
became visible when I kicked the first one off.

MM

> Madame Mim wrote:
> > All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.
>
> Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?
>
> > Usually they are
> > invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.
>
> Then how do you know they're there?
>
> --
> --Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a
moose (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
> Madame Mim wrote:
>> All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.
>
> Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?
>
>> Usually they are
>> invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.
>
> Then how do you know they're there?

As I was walking by the stair
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I really wish he'd go away

--
--- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

Ron

How do stop it from doing that? I really would like to keep the cell phone
but I don't want sims popping in everytime I use it.

Ohmikeghod wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a
> moose (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
>
>>Madame Mim wrote:
>>
>>>All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.
>>
>>Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?
>>

>>>Usually they are
>>>invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.
>>
>>Then how do you know they're there?
>

> As I was walking by the stair
> I met a man who wasn't there
> He wasn't there again today
> I really wish he'd go away

Err, I'm serious, folks.

--
--Cuth

I gave you a serious answer - although I'm rather fond of Mike's answer
too - it's different from the version I know:-

Yesterday upon the stair
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away.

MM

> Ohmikeghod wrote:
> > Cuthbert Gurdlestone waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a
> > moose (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:

> >>Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?

> >>Then how do you know they're there?
> >

> > As I was walking by the stair
> > I met a man who wasn't there
> > He wasn't there again today
> > I really wish he'd go away
> >

> Err, I'm serious, folks.
>
> --
> --Cuth

> Madame Mim wrote:
>> All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.
>
> Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?
>
>> Usually they are
>> invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.
>
> Then how do you know they're there?

I'm just supposing here.

They had the sim show up invisible on the lot so that the sim your sim was
talking to on the phone shows up first on your relationship panel, even
before the other sims on the lot. This is useful because it helps you
monitor the relationship build from the phone call, as you don't have to dig
through the relationship panel to find the sim your sim is talking to and
see if they're friends or if your sim has repaired the relationship or what
have you.

And to accomplish this, they have to have the sim on the lot, so said sim is
invisible during the phone conversation.

Just a guess.

Ron

My problem only happens with the cell phone. Plus it only happens in the
neighborhood and not on campus.
"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Madame Mim wrote:
>>> All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.
>>
>> Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?
>>
>>> Usually they are
>>> invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.
>>
>> Then how do you know they're there?
>
> I'm just supposing here.
>
> They had the sim show up invisible on the lot so that the sim your sim was
> talking to on the phone shows up first on your relationship panel, even
> before the other sims on the lot. This is useful because it helps you
> monitor the relationship build from the phone call, as you don't have to
> dig through the relationship panel to find the sim your sim is talking to
> and see if they're friends or if your sim has repaired the relationship or
> what have you.
>
> And to accomplish this, they have to have the sim on the lot, so said sim
> is invisible during the phone conversation.
>
> Just a guess.

Ron

Found the problem with the phone acting like a teleporter. I had downloaded
a phone hack that was not compatible with University. There was an updated
phone patch that does work. No more sims popping in after being called on
the cell phone.