Cell Phone Calls

When I make a cell phone call to a sim, that sim suddenly appears at my
house. Has anyone else had this problem?
12 answers Last reply
More about cell phone calls

    All phone calls make the sim appear at your house. Usually they are
    invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation. Do you have any
    teleport, friendship or greeting hacks?

    MM

    "Ron" <rshavis1@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    > When I make a cell phone call to a sim, that sim suddenly appears at my
    > house. Has anyone else had this problem?

    None that I am aware of. I've gone thru my downloads folder twice and
    haven't seen anything. The sims that appear are not invsible and they will
    hang around until you say goodbye to them.

    Madame Mim wrote:
    > All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.

    Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?

    > Usually they are
    > invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.

    Then how do you know they're there?

    --
    --Cuth

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

    > Madame Mim wrote:
    >
    >> All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.
    >

    > Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?
    >
    >> Usually they are
    >> invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.
    >

    > Then how do you know they're there?

    LMAO!!

    ---Sandra

    When I had the disappearing friends bug (from my phone list) I
    serendipitously had to kick someone off of my lot (stuck delivery guy IIRC).
    Everybody I couldn't phone was an option to kick off of lot, also, they all
    became visible when I kicked the first one off.

    MM

    > Madame Mim wrote:
    > > All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.
    >
    > Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?
    >
    > > Usually they are
    > > invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.
    >
    > Then how do you know they're there?
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a
    moose (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
    > Madame Mim wrote:
    >> All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.
    >
    > Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?
    >
    >> Usually they are
    >> invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.
    >
    > Then how do you know they're there?

    As I was walking by the stair
    I met a man who wasn't there
    He wasn't there again today
    I really wish he'd go away

    --
    --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

    How do stop it from doing that? I really would like to keep the cell phone
    but I don't want sims popping in everytime I use it.

    Ohmikeghod wrote:
    > Cuthbert Gurdlestone waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a
    > moose (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
    >
    >>Madame Mim wrote:
    >>
    >>>All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.
    >>
    >>Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?
    >>

    >>>Usually they are
    >>>invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.
    >>
    >>Then how do you know they're there?
    >

    > As I was walking by the stair
    > I met a man who wasn't there
    > He wasn't there again today
    > I really wish he'd go away

    Err, I'm serious, folks.

    --
    --Cuth

    I gave you a serious answer - although I'm rather fond of Mike's answer
    too - it's different from the version I know:-

    Yesterday upon the stair
    I met a man who wasn't there
    He wasn't there again today
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

    MM

    > Ohmikeghod wrote:
    > > Cuthbert Gurdlestone waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a
    > > moose (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:

    > >>Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?

    > >>Then how do you know they're there?
    > >

    > > As I was walking by the stair
    > > I met a man who wasn't there
    > > He wasn't there again today
    > > I really wish he'd go away
    > >

    > Err, I'm serious, folks.
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    > Madame Mim wrote:
    >> All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.
    >
    > Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?
    >
    >> Usually they are
    >> invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.
    >
    > Then how do you know they're there?

    I'm just supposing here.

    They had the sim show up invisible on the lot so that the sim your sim was
    talking to on the phone shows up first on your relationship panel, even
    before the other sims on the lot. This is useful because it helps you
    monitor the relationship build from the phone call, as you don't have to dig
    through the relationship panel to find the sim your sim is talking to and
    see if they're friends or if your sim has repaired the relationship or what
    have you.

    And to accomplish this, they have to have the sim on the lot, so said sim is
    invisible during the phone conversation.

    Just a guess.

    My problem only happens with the cell phone. Plus it only happens in the
    neighborhood and not on campus.
    "Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> Madame Mim wrote:
    >>> All phone calls make the sim appear at your house.
    >>
    >> Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?
    >>
    >>> Usually they are
    >>> invisible and disappear at the end of the conversation.
    >>
    >> Then how do you know they're there?
    >
    > I'm just supposing here.
    >
    > They had the sim show up invisible on the lot so that the sim your sim was
    > talking to on the phone shows up first on your relationship panel, even
    > before the other sims on the lot. This is useful because it helps you
    > monitor the relationship build from the phone call, as you don't have to
    > dig through the relationship panel to find the sim your sim is talking to
    > and see if they're friends or if your sim has repaired the relationship or
    > what have you.
    >
    > And to accomplish this, they have to have the sim on the lot, so said sim
    > is invisible during the phone conversation.
    >
    > Just a guess.

    Found the problem with the phone acting like a teleporter. I had downloaded
    a phone hack that was not compatible with University. There was an updated
    phone patch that does work. No more sims popping in after being called on
    the cell phone.
    > My problem only happens with the cell phone. Plus it only happens in the
    > neighborhood and not on campus.
    > "Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Huh??? Is this a bug or a feature? Why would this be?

    >>> Then how do you know they're there?
    >>
    >> I'm just supposing here.
    >>
    >> They had the sim show up invisible on the lot so that the sim your sim
    >> was talking to on the phone shows up first on your relationship panel,
    >> even before the other sims on the lot. This is useful because it helps
    >> you monitor the relationship build from the phone call, as you don't have
    >> to dig through the relationship panel to find the sim your sim is talking
    >> to and see if they're friends or if your sim has repaired the
    >> relationship or what have you.
    >>
    >> And to accomplish this, they have to have the sim on the lot, so said sim
    >> is invisible during the phone conversation.
    >>
    >> Just a guess.

Cell Phones Sims Games Video Games