New Computer (HDMI) old Monitor adapter issue

MaxZayn12

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I just got a new computer and the graphics card is an nVidia one with two HDMI ports on the back, they don't look like the ones I'm used to but I got an adapter that converts it into what my monitor is. Usually I see cards with one HDMI and one whatever the regular one is called but this one has two HDMI and I don't know what the problem is.

The system boots up normally and gets to the desktop it can even recognize new hardware before the monitor goes black and won't return to color. My tech friend said I may need drivers but it seems they are incompatible and that I may need to just get a new monitor. Please tell me there is a way around this. The adapter is nice and brand new.

MaxZayn12

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Its an HDMI card and my monitor is a VGA. The card has 2 ports both being HDMI. I have a converter or adapter whatever you want to call it. Please respond I can't even use the new computer!!!!

marcellis22

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Tap the F8 button while booting the computer, select VGA Mode and go into Windows. Install your drivers and set the correct monitor resolution. You may have to re-boot...

MaxZayn12

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
i got into vga mode but what drivers are you talking about? and I can't change the resolution when I'm in VGA mode there is one other option but it doesn't work.

1: Boot in VGA Mode
2: Go to NVIDIA's website
3: Download drivers for your particular card/OS

Alternativly, you can connect to your moniter using DVI using a DVI->VGA adaptor, which usually comes with any new card you buy.