When will next gen Intel SSDs be avaliable?

blakehew

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
I'm getting tired of waiting. Last year the G2 drives were announced at the end of July. Here it is almost October and still no announcements. I thought there would be some news coming out of IDF last week, but nothing really regarding new SSDs.

adampower

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
No news anywhere, on anything SSD related. Seems a flat spot. Even my favourite vendors have stopped including them in weekly sales. This week there's the routine kingston 64gb for $104.. big deal it has been less than that and I expect this for the 'regular' price now.

Can't wait for something to shake things up. Maybe the Intel G2s are still top of the heap so Intel has no reason to one up themselves?

elivance

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
I'm getting tired of waiting also.

Is speculation all we have? Have any vendors even mentioned SATA III drives recently? How much better should we expect the newer drives to be versus the C300 (our only SATA III option now)?

Twist86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008

I have to question that. Originally when that link first popped up it was UNOFFICAL and not from Intel. The fact that now its November there is still no 120GB G2 drives out proves it might not be accurate.
Seems to me that it would be stupid to release a 120GB drive just a few months before a official G3 release. I mean who would buy it over a G3? Personally I have no issue waiting till Feb to pay a little more for something faster with more storage.

Burpy

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
I really hope the Intel G3's are priced well.

I would really like to make the move to SSD and a 120GB would be so nice.
120GB is the sweet spot for me, but would consider a 80GB if on sale this holiday.

mark_k

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008

Do you really look like your picutre?.....lol.....
Can I be your friend ;-)

TRENDING THREADS