Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Installing hyper tx3

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
October 11, 2010 11:57:14 AM

Hi, i've installed my hyper tx3 with the fan facing down towards the vga card,
but i've found several photos shows the fan facing towards the memory cards!!!!!!!!

i dont know if that will give it better cooling performance or wont make a differece.....
and here's some photos that i found

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2009/08/five-...

http://media.photobucket.com/image/cooler%20master%20hy...

but in my case the cooler is more far from the vga than in this photos.

More about : installing hyper tx3

October 12, 2010 6:48:32 AM

I have mine installed like the photos you linked. If it keeps your processor cool, then I'd say leave it alone.
a b K Overclocking
October 12, 2010 9:20:24 AM

On AMD platforms you can only mount it to blow up or down, if you have a bottom mounted PSU and a vent in the top it should blow out of the vent. If you have it blowing down then I would suggest having a side exhaust fan to get rid of the hot air.
Related resources
October 12, 2010 11:56:11 PM

simon12 said:
On AMD platforms you can only mount it to blow up or down, if you have a bottom mounted PSU and a vent in the top it should blow out of the vent. If you have it blowing down then I would suggest having a side exhaust fan to get rid of the hot air.


I'm going to have to call a Shennanigans on that hoss. I have a Hyper TX3 on an AM3 mobo. It's pulling air from the east and pushing it west.
October 13, 2010 10:09:37 AM

well, i reopened my case to make sure again of the sapace between the cooler and the vga and i found its pretty away.......but the PSU with its fan facing down, i'm afraid that the hot air going out from the cpu is pulled by the PSU fan to the psu :) 
i also got a 120mm fan in the rare of the case, so i think that should be pulling the hot air...right?!
a b K Overclocking
October 13, 2010 10:27:02 AM

ScoobyJooby-Jew said:
I'm going to have to call a Shennanigans on that hoss. I have a Hyper TX3 on an AM3 mobo. It's pulling air from the east and pushing it west.

Sorry I just had another look at it (I replaced it with a better cooler so its not attached) and it never noticed before you can take the end of the mounting clip/bracket off to attach it any way you want. So if you have the PSU at the top then it is best to mount it blowing out the back.
October 13, 2010 4:34:48 PM

kaspro said:
well, i reopened my case to make sure again of the sapace between the cooler and the vga and i found its pretty away.......but the PSU with its fan facing down, i'm afraid that the hot air going out from the cpu is pulled by the PSU fan to the psu :) 
i also got a 120mm fan in the rare of the case, so i think that should be pulling the hot air...right?!


If you could please let us know if you have a rear exhaust case fan.

I personally would change the CPU fan to blow from the front to back. I find the CPU temp is cooler by a fraction but it is cooler.

If your video card puts out a lot of heat then you are going to make your CPU hotter since the heat sink vents open behind the fan. If you rotate it then the vents are not open to the extra heat.
!