Screen issues after re installin windows xp home

kerryn

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
I recently re-installed windows xp home, my computer is working again but the format(?) of the screen is all out. The images on the screen are really big, and now I have to scroll from side to side to view a normal web page. There are a lot more borders and things on web pages also. The words and pictures on the screen are not as sharp and light colours are almost not visible. Does any of these problems sound familiar, and does any one know of any thing I could do to fix it? I am not very computer savvy so any information would be great (in as simple language as possible please!) Thanks you!

jennyh

Splendid
Right click on your desktop and select umm..display properties or something. Then change the screen resolution to whatever your monitor is ie 1280x1024 or 1680x1050 for example.

Did you reinstall your video drivers as well? Without them Windows will default to its basic settings of 800x600x16 bit colour.
If the drivers were installed then Windows just needs to be told what resoloution and colours you want it to display thus:

Click START.
Click CONTROL PANEL.
Click on `Appearence and themes`.
Click `display`.
In the box that opens click the `settings` tab.
In the box that opens use the slider (bottom left) to set the screen resoloution to match that of your monitor (importaint for flat panel displays) and set the colours to `highest 32 bit` in the right hand box.
Click `apply`.
Click `ok` if Windows asks you if you want to keep these settings.