Trouble Installing V card

Nelo6

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
I`ve just recently purchased my 9600GT for my dell 9100 dimension desktop. My PSU has 500 wts of power and i`m not sure what`s wrong. So far I have inserted the card into the slot, packed it up, and have been trying to conneect the signal cables. I beleive that the problem is with the molex to 6 pin adaptor. I have the wire, but don`t know where to place it. My card<s company is Zolac, i called them and they said they would bring a workman to fix it for 130 dollars... I have booted my PC but my moniter continues to have the orange standby light on it. I have noticed the fan on the card not spinning when i boot, as well as the moniter not turning on. I`ve been trying to fix this for about 5 hours now, help would greatly be appriciated, my system specs are... 2.8ghz dual core, the card being replaced is the raedon x600, 3gb of ram, 350gb hdd sata II. My spec`s seem fine, and so does everything else... One last thing, theew seems to be 2 signal cables that came seperate in the vid card box, one white, other orange. I am able to fit the orange ontop of my old connecter cable to plug into the PC, but cant figure out the monitor plug. Please review what I have said, sorry for any spelling mistakes. Thank you for your time.

Nelo6

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Back of the card meaning removing it from the slot and connectingÉ theres also a 2 pin slot that seems to connect from the front. where does the other side of the six pin goÉ i don`t see anywhere to plug it into the psu from.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
When the card is inserted into your case, and you look at it from the side of the machine, the end of the card pointing toward the front of the tower, there should be a power connector there, it will usually be a small six pin plug, and black. That's what it's like on my 9600gt.