• Hard Drives
  • SATA
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 23, 2010 9:55:03 AM

Hi,

recently got an Asrock sata3 pci express card (Marvell 88SE9123 chipset). I installed it ok, plugged in a 2TB WD drive, and was pleased.

When I put the computer to sleep overnight, the next morning the new drive was missing. Powered off, checked the connections, turned it on againg - the drive came back.
The same thing happened the next time i put my PC to sleep. Finally, I found out that it was the sata card that vanished (vanish from the device manager), and would return on either power off power on, or hibernating.

If the S3 sleep period is for less then, lets say, 10 minutes then there is no interruption, if sleep period is any longer the card disappears.

I have a p31-ds3l mobo, running win7 x64. Besides the 2TB disk connected to the sata card, i have 4 other sata disks that are connected to the mobo, and an old PATA pioneer optical drive.

Things I've tried: switch from AHCI to IDE (disabling the PATA drive in the process), updating BIOS, updating the card's windows drivers, switching the PCI express slot for the sata card. Nothing worked so far.

Any ideas?

Thx,

Muharem

More about : sata controller disappears sleep

September 23, 2010 10:21:44 AM

Disable the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option in the properties of the device maybe?

Brad
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 23, 2010 11:28:09 AM

Tried it, but there is no power management tab in which to select the option.

There is, however, a new firmware for the card which I haven't tried yet. I'm at work right now, and am remotely connected to my home PC, so i can't do that at the moment (my roomate is at home, but I don't trust him to do anything more complex than power off/on). Is there something else that comes to mind which i could try?
!