Asus EAH4830

wiggywinger

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Hi everyone,
could anyone give me some advice on this card.
I would like to overclock it a little,I have tried using ATI CC Overdrive but it doesnt seem to improve the performance much using nova bench. In fact some results where LOWER than stock settings :( I am obviously doing something wrong (total noob lol).
So is this a good card to clock? or should I think about getting something better,maybe the five series so I can utilize DirectX 11.
In the near future I am upgrading so I can either get another series 4 to crossfire..maybe a 4870 if it will go with a 4830 or cut my losses and just go for a series 5.
Any comments will be most welcome guys

greatdeal

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
your card is better but if you need to overclock this card you need msi afterburner and adjust the voltage core i recommend this card for you sapphire 5770 vapor x this is the best gpu... great cooler

sorry for bad english im just a kid ^_^

Ok well, What is your budget if you do want a 5xxxx series, at this point ATI/AMD and Nvidia are have a mid-range price war. the 6xxx series about to be released is really supposed to be a filling point for mid-range prices. The best card in your case also depends on your Resolution. Also, for overclocking, I recommend MSI Afterburner, CCC is not a good overclocking software. http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/