Sign in with
Your question

New Build, won't boot--help!

Last response: in Systems
March 7, 2009 12:47:09 AM

So I'm building my first computer, and seem to have run into a snag. Here's everything I'm using:

Http://secure.newegg.com/wishlist/publicwishdetail.aspx...

Now I feel I have everything connected correctly, but when I plug everything in and turn the power on, all I get is the blue LED on the COOLERMASTER which says it is getting power. When I hit power, nothing happens. I have no idea what is giving me this problem, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Hopefully =(

Thanks!

More about : build boot

March 7, 2009 1:00:07 AM

Nevermind! I had one simply cable in the wrong spot--sorted it out and I'm GOLDEN! Yatta!
March 7, 2009 1:20:51 AM

Sorry for the fairly quick triple post, but I've run into another snag (figured it couldn't be easy).

Anyway, I inserted the Windows Vista Install disc, which goes through the "Loading Files" black screen with a grey bar, then to the blue/green vista theme, and just hangs. I have no idea where to begin on this one, and hopefully can either get a response/find an answer soon.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 7, 2009 1:58:30 AM

probably the vista disc itself
March 7, 2009 12:56:41 PM

Make sure your memory is running at it correct timings and voltage.
Try doing the install with only 1 memory stick. If it works, put the second stick back in after the install completes.
March 7, 2009 3:44:56 PM

It finally went through, just seemed to be hitting some snags and taking its time. Once I got past registration it only took ~30 minutes. Everything up and running now, thanks for the help! =D
!