MB purchase advice

ITemplate

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Hi,

I need a MB for an Intel Atom 330. I got my eye on an Intel D945GCLF2. Is that a stable good-to-go MB for a small home server?

Next, those Atom MB's all have max 2 sata interfaces and as I understand it, 1 sata interface = 1 harddrive. So if I need some Raid configuration wtith 3 drives I need a PCI card that gives me extra interfaces. Is this correct? If yes what can you recommend? Any link will be appreciated!

Thanks.

--

Read my last reply under your first posting about needing a stable server setup. The atom works fine for some, but the boards are limited in features. The Amd boards actually use slightly less energy overall with the 8xxx chipsets. The amd notebook cpu I recommended will perform better than the atom while using similar energy, and give you a much greater selection of motherboards to choose from, many with raid. RU482 was asking $24.99 for his e2650, but I offered him $22 shipped for it. Then you add a heatsink. The jetway board I recommended is still available, but not with free shipping. There are also ecs and biostar boards at similar prices. Asus and gigabyte cost a little more.