AMD 7750 Virtualization?

Does the AMD 7750 (NOT its Black Edition) supports the AMD's Virtualization technology (AMD-V)?
9 answers Last reply
More about 7750 virtualization
  1. Yes. IIRC all Athlon 64 or better AMD CPU's support it.
  2. Yes. All Athlon current X2s support it as do all phenoms. Heck even some Semperions support it :D.
  3. Hmm I thought I read somewhere Semprons were the only ones that did not have it.
  4. K. Thanks guys!
    I would install MS Virtual PC then....
  5. True, Semprons are the only ones that don't support it:
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/amd-cpu-windows-xp-mode,news-31066.html

And MS Virtual PC sill still work without it anyway, but should have better performance with it.
  6. with virtualbox, a free virtual application better than MS Virtual PC imho, virtualization is only needed if installing a 64 bits os. 32 bits os don't need it.
  7. Yes.. I read all the virtualization things on wiki and others... So, instead of MS Virtual PC, I installed Sun xVM Virtualbox... The thing is that I have to do is to set up a web server (Tomcat) and have to establish database connectivity. I don't want to do that on my current OS Win 7. So, plz tell me whether I would be able to do that with Win XP on Virtualbox. Plz reply. I would be trying it all this time. But I am new so may need help. Thanks.
  8. And that I have to show the connevtivity and that server is running (at my home)...............
  9. I have no idea if it can be done, but I don't see why it couldn't
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Virtualization