Foxconn A690VM2MA won't boot with Phenom 8650

Icedmind

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Hello, dear community. I have a small question I'd like to solve.

I recently thought about upgrading my rig by getting an AMD Phenom 8650, which would replace my current X2 6000+.
The new CPU is from a mate of mine, and it definitely works. Now, before I was going to seal the deal I went to mount it on my current MoBo, Foxconn A690VM2MA-RS2H.
Unfortunately, the PC won't boot whatsoever. On power-up, the CPU Fan constantly runs on full speed, and the first BIOS screen won't show up at all.

So, now I'm rather clueless, whether it might be the MoBo not supporting Phenom CPU's (this one "should" support anything from dual-core to triple-core AMD CPU's) or perhaps any kind of setting/jumper/whatever that needs to be changed, in order to have my rig boot up properly with the Phenom?

Any bit of advice is welcome.

Thank you in advance!

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
I looked for you and it appears that the Phenom series are not supported with that AM2 motherboard.It wouldn't have been much of an upgrade either other than having the extra core.You're better off keeping what you have and then starting a new build.
If you desire a tri core CPU I suggest the Phenom II 720 and a new AM3 motherboard.

http://www.foxconnsupport.com/cpusupportlist.aspx?type=mb&model=A690VM2MA-RS2H&cputype=