Sign in with
Your question

Confused and need advise

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 31, 2009 7:39:10 PM

Confused and need advise:

The more I read the more confused I get. I want the best graphic card I can get for $200 or less (512 or 1GB). I’m not a geek and I really need advise. Any suggestions/recommendations are greatly appreciated. The reason for a better graphic card is the I like the Microsoft Flight Simulator X and I’m only getting about 5 to 10 FPS.

Thank you:

cantagre

Systems Info:

CPU: Intel® x86 Duel Core 3400 Mhz
Mother Board: Intel ® D925XCV/XBC
Ram Memory: 3GB
Graphics Card: Radeon X800 XT
Hard Drive SATA RAID 596.17GB
Power Supply: Don’t know and don’t know how to find out.

More about : confused advise

a b U Graphics card
March 31, 2009 7:44:02 PM

Youre going to hear this over and over, its alot to do with your cpu, tho your card is old. A better card would help, possibly a ATI 4850, but youll still suffer with that cpu
a c 130 U Graphics card
March 31, 2009 7:50:00 PM

A 4670 should run on your power supply if a X800 XT does. And yes you really do need to upgrade the CPU as well if you can.

Mactronix
Related resources
April 1, 2009 2:42:04 AM

Thanks for the recommendations. I hadn't thought about upgrading my CPU, but I guess that will be the next step. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.
April 1, 2009 3:46:47 AM

cantagre said:
Thanks for the recommendations. I hadn't thought about upgrading my CPU, but I guess that will be the next step. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.

Yeah a cpu upgrade never hurts, more as to a thought on the gpu, I'd personally go with the Ati Hd 4800 series great cards all of them I currently own one. I have had many in the past all ati. There are cheap and dependable, dont confuse cheap with crap ati is da bomb. Oh and btw make sure you find out what psu u have that really matters when buying a card could be the diff between really happy and very sad, good luck.
!