Help me...plzzzz

Hi...I need help. Below is some information about my system.

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1526MB RAM DDR 400 FSB
Card name: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Display Memory: 128.0 MB

Actually I am considering to get a graphics card so that I can play games i.e C&C, NFS Carbon, Tomb Raider Underworld or many others. :)

Unfortunately, my motherboard does not have an AGP slot but has in-built graphics with 128 MB memory. I know it is not enough to play such game I have mentioned here.

I don't know which graphics card I should opt for. I don't have AGP port and not sure about PCI-E slot. How can i recognize if I have a PCI-E slot installed?
I have two PCI slot and have one dial-up modem installed on one out of them.

Can I install an PCI-E video card to that slot?

some one help me...plzzzzzzzz
14 answers Last reply
More about help plzzzz
  1. Unfortunately, you cant install any slots on your motherboard. Whether it be AGP, PCI, or PCI-E.

Here is a picture of some PCI-E slots:
    http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2008/04/early_look_gigabyte_ga-p45-ds5/gigabyte4-8.jpg
    The ones on the outside are the x16 slots, and the inside ones are x1 slots.
  2. if its brand pc u can as well visit maker website chose mark of ur pc and see manual or specification where it should be mentioned what slots u have, even with integrated graphic card u still should have agp or pci-e slot usually pci-e are blue and agp black or brown as well on many motherboards its says what slot it is.
  3. It was not uncommon for a board that old (read DDR and P4) to not have an AGP slot if it was integrated graphics. It is probably far too old for a PCIx to be a possibility (least with an intel DDR1 board).
  4. thnx to all of ya...i m such a dumb when it comes to computer hardware. i do a have a dial-up modem installed on my board. Is it installed on a PCI slot? and can you install a dial-up modem on PCI-E slot?

Also, I see a circuit printed on my motherboard and it says "PCIEx16 Card" but there is no slot to insert a card, only circuit printed. Do I have any hope?
    Can I fix a slot on to this printed circuit?
  5. One more thing, my dxdiag report days that my display card is "Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family" and the chip type is "Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset". When I visit intel's official website for more information on this product, I find three product there i.e

- Intel® 915G Express Chipset
    - Intel® 915GV Express Chipset
    - Intel® 910GL Express Chipset

so which is mine among these three. I'm very confused about it? :cry: :(
  6. "Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family"

= 910GL Express Chipset

MRFS
  7. thnx MRFS, does this board have PCI-E slot?
  8. You get the 9400GT PCI card
  9. rags_20 said:
    You get the 9400GT PCI card

+1
    The 9400GT is the best PCI card that I know of.
  10. Anything that will play your games will be bottlenecked by your CPU. You need to do a full upgrade to play games. Quad Core processors, lots of RAM, big power supply, and good card. Shop around and see what you can find.
  11. mamw93 said:
    Anything that will play your games will be bottlenecked by your CPU. You need to do a full upgrade to play games. Quad Core processors, lots of RAM, big power supply, and good card. Shop around and see what you can find.

He has a dual-core Pentium 4 processor at 3 Ghz, thats not going to bottleneck a 9400GT. But I do agree that he should upgrade his whole system if he plans on playing the latest games.
  12. The games he wants to play aren't exactly latest. A mobo upgrade to a P965 and an 8600GT should be fine. I had an 8600GT before and I was able to play the games he mentioned quite well, even though I have quad core. There shouldn't be that big of a bottleneck.
  13. rags_20 said:
    The games he wants to play aren't exactly latest. A mobo upgrade to a P965 and an 8600GT should be fine. I had an 8600GT before and I was able to play the games he mentioned quite well, even though I have quad core. There shouldn't be that big of a bottleneck.

Touché.
    But if he is upgrading, you might as well think to the future, right?
  14. Future - GTS 250 , budget- 8/9 800GT
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics