windows media player ( with drm files)

December 3, 2004 11:15:07 AM

Friends,
i can not transfer my music files (with drm licence) to MDA device storage
card???
error:Windows Media Player cannot copy the file because the license
associated with the file restricts it.
I need Portable Device SPs?
how i could get them?
drivers?
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 12:04:29 AM

"Jerzy Karney" <Jerzy Karney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Friends,
> i can not transfer my music files (with drm licence) to MDA device storage
> card???
> error:Windows Media Player cannot copy the file because the license
> associated with the file restricts it.
> I need Portable Device SPs?
> how i could get them?
> drivers?

I had this problem and finally solved it by accident. With your MDA not
connected to computer, open Media Player and select the files you want to
sync. Connect MDA to computer and then sync and Media Player should download
the security upgrade that it needs.

HTH, Brian
!