How to update Lanparty x58 UT Bios

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Hey, I'm on vacation right now but I heard that this motherboard has a different way of updating its bios than others.

My old motherboard Asus m4a78 pro, required me only to put in my flash drive and flash it with a few clicks of the keyboard. but my DFI Lanparty x58 UT according to online sources, requires me to install programs? onto the flashdrive and then booting with it? I'm not sure how that works.

Please help! Thanks. :fou: :pfff: :(

Also, is updating the bios really necessary? my rams are supposably at 2000mhz, but I haven't checked, so excuse me :na:.
What is the point of updating this bios? would I see performance increases? And I also don't know if my CPU is D0 or C0 haha. sorry.

:heink:

btw what they described is making a dos bootable flash drive with their flashing utility snd the bios you want to update too

you boot from the flash
start the program
update the bios

not too hard, though its the same way as doing it fro ma floppy except that its from a usb flash drive

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009

oh that simple huh, unfortunately I am very bad at following Vague directions from the DFI site.. wish i could call you and maybe you could guide me through it.