crazyguy_60

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
When I'm playing certain games (Call of duty 2 + 4 and Crysis), my PC that I built can crash. It happens very rarely, with Call of Duty (and too be honest I'm not too bothered about these games) , but it happens A LOT with Crysis. Every twenty minutes my PC crashes whilst playing this game.
I have turned down the quality from the recommended High, down to Medium/High, and now down to Medium. I downloaded ATI's updates and took the side off my computer. It still crashes. I think that when I turned the resolution down, it didn't crash, but it was so terrible I turned it up again from 800 X 600 (out of desperation ;) ) to 1440 X 900 (my current resolution).
Could there be any other issues? Please help me I REALLY want to play Crysis :bounce: :bounce: :lol:

crazyguy_60

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Idle: 37 min - 40 max - 38.5 celcius avg.
Load (Crysis): 49 min - 65 max - 57 celcius av.
I don't know how hot is when it crashes.

The Hiper is actually 50A on the 12V rails. The 18A refers to overvoltage protection on a specific rail. It's not an awful brand, usually adequate but generally not recommended due to better units available.

Here are a few things you may need to get numbers for your RAM and accurate temps:

CPU-Z
Real Temp
HWMonitor

crazyguy_60

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
I used RealTemp to find out CPU temperatures, and ATI Overdrive to find out GPU temperatures (60 degrees idle/70 - 79 degrees under load). My symptons are exactly the same as people with the same problem. I do believe I need a better PSU.

TRENDING THREADS