Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Front panel SOLID HEADER USB connector.

Last response: in Components
June 7, 2009 5:31:38 PM

I need the ONE PIECE header which is male on one side and female on the other. I am then able to connect my loose front panel USB wires to this ONE PIECE solid header block and then insert the ONE PIECE solid header block onto the appropriate pin header on the mother board. I have come across these in some of my motherboard accessories but I absolutely cannot find them online. Help if possible.
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2009 8:24:21 AM

You're basically talking about a male and female port stuck together? Sorry, it's not entirely clear what you're talking about.
June 8, 2009 9:45:33 AM

You are referring to ASUS's Q-Connect. Those can be bought separately on places like eBay.
Since the pin order of USB headers are universal among motherboard I used super-glue to carefully align the individual one-pin header side by side and stick them together.
Related resources
June 9, 2009 9:47:41 PM

ausch30 said:
The blue one is USB, the red is firewire and the white is for the power/reset/speaker/HDD

Yep...the Q-connectors...came with my ASUS motherboards. I wish someone made a generic version. Just 10 pins male/female. Don't need color coding. Can use it for USB/Firewire and many front panel motherboards have the same pin layout for RESET/POWER/POWER LED/HD/SPEAKER.

Thanks for your help everybody........I'll keep looking. Maybe contact some Chinese manufacturers, see if they can't produce some for us.

a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2011 2:27:30 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey