Nvidia GT 220 1GB ddr2 overclocking problems.

G

Ive had the card for a while, and over clocked it a few times. But i noticed i get better fps in gta iv (25-70 depending on the areas) on stock clock. When i viewed some other guys videos of overclocking their gt 220, they were able to push the memory clock somewhere clost to 600 and a little above, but for some reason (using msi afterburner 2.0 with 8.17.12.5896 Forceware 258.96) i can only get memory clock up to a max of 480. Im not trying to extrememly over clock it as i still have stock cooling with a few more fans in my case, but i think it can go a little higher than the stock clock and still be safe.

I also think it might be the reason why every time i overclock this core and shader, my games get less fps avg. Almost like the memory clock is bottlenecking the shader and core, or other parts of the card. Also, when i up the fan, i dont hear it increase much more, is it supposed to be that silent? or should it be spinning like that?

Over clocked i get a temp max around 60-65 C. I also notice when i play a game, or benchmark, the shader clock nore core clock go above the stock clock listed here:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814139064&cm_re=gt_220-_-14-139-064-_-Product

My system is an emachines ET1331G-03w with a 450 W ATX psu, 6GB DDR2 (RAM), and the AMD Athlon II x2 235e.

Im running windows 7 64 bit.
And my Screen is a I-INC iF291D at 1920x 1200 resolution

G

Bump? Im also un able to adjust the core voltage, video card crashed when i over clocked it, so i went ahead and set it back to stock till i can figure out whats wrong

^ yeah for 1920x1200 that card has got to be just chugging!

But anyway, make sure in the MSI folder you find the config file and change "allow unofficialoverclocking =" from 0 to 1. Then open afterburner and start by trying to increase memory clock. Do 50mhz bump then run MSI Kombuster or FurMark with 4xAA for at least 5 mins. Repeat the process until it gets choppy or you get a freeze or crash, then go back and drop it down a tad from there. After that bump up the core/shader clocks the same way. If you get artifacts, then you're too high.

G

The card actually performs pretty well, we dont all have the money for dual gtx 460 and ***, so either help or dont waste time replying kk thnx.

I am having problems finding the config file. Ive been using furmark and kombuster for a while so no need to elaborate on that.

Well less pizza and buying music online and get a half ass card like a 9500gt. Cards using DDR2 do not oc very well memory side. I have owned enough cards to have my own collection and I do. Getting a ceap $30-40 second hand card or a refurb easily that will blow your current card away.

G

Your an idiot, im not going to even attempt to explain how i got the money to pay for it, why waste your time? if you want to flame just visit 4chan you attention whore.

G

^
well said nforce, well said..
even and older XFX 8600GT oc'd edition can roll with the GT220.

Its not like i knew that, it was my first ******* card! WOULD YOU PEOPLE PLS STFU IF UR NOT GOING TO HELP!!

Jesus. What a "professional" forum. Cant beleive some of the reviews ive heard of this site. Its beginning to become apparent how childish this forum is.

If someone asks "why is the sky blue" why would you reply with an answer about their dog? KEEP IT ON TOPIC!

Your an idiot, im not going to even attempt to explain how i got the money to pay for it, why waste your time? if you want to flame just visit 4chan you attention whore.

Piss off! :non:

douchebag.jpg

G

well the card can goto 100c so its cetrainly a good card to overclock i went to 90 to be safe, 690 584 1610 artifacts just above that ,, do it one step at a time though every cards different