My HD 2xHD4870's flash red lights! Need help.

chewychewbacca

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Hey guys, my PC has been working perfectly since today. Today I received my Xigmatek Dark Knight CPU Cooler and decided to install it. Also, replaced two fans and added an IDE hard drive. However, when I plugged everything back in, I had 3 of the 4 lights on my HD 4870's flashing on both. The display would not turn on. All of my fan's lights came on however.
This is really stumping me and I need advice. I have made sure I plugged in all 4 six pin power plugs into my 2 video cards and made sure they are seated correctly. My PSU should be able to handle it as it has before and I really haven't made much changes to it except adding another IDE hard drive to it. Also, my mobo's error displays are doing something. I cannot find the explanation for the code in the manual or internet however.

Here are my specs:
AMD Phenom II 720 at 3.4GHz
4 GB 1066 OCZ Reaper Memory
2x Asus ATI HD 4870 Dark Knight
500GB Western Digital HDD
Corsair 750TX 750 Watt Power Supply
Raidmax Smilodon Black Case

Would really appreciate it if someone could give me suggestions on what to do. I will keep posting back if I make any more progress.

chewychewbacca

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Hey guys, I managed to figure it out. If anyone here has this problem, make sure everything is seated properly. GPU, CPU, Memory, etc. Make sure power is connected to CPU and Motherboard and GPU. My CPU somehow was not locked correctly so when I took out my Heatsink, it came out with it. I put it back and it works.

Problem is solved and now I can overlock a bit more and play some crisis wharhead :)