Do I use HT to overclock like the fsb?

dragonfly522

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
On AMD, the fsb is similar to the hypertransport I am told. So overclocking the hypertransport is the same as overclocking the fsb? If so, where do I find the hypertransport overclocking setting? Also, if I use a multiplier to overclock the cpu, since I am not going to overclock the fsb or HT to speed up the computer just yet, at least that's the plan. I am guessing that I would need to overclock the HT to overclock the RAM. I am told that. Doesn't the RAM have to be the same effective speed as the HT? What if the fsb can't be overclocked any more because it crashes the machine? Would I have to lower the cpu overclock to overclock the fsb?

Somewhat but it is clear that you need to do more research. Its the base clocks that determines the HT and CPU clock. Most AMD boards don't reach very high clocks on the base so black editions have become popular. Mine thus far maxes out at 287. My Intel rig the system ram and chipset clock is synch so I don't max my ram out before the rest of the system.

TRENDING THREADS