Possible problem with eVGA GTX 295

Hi,

I have a problem with the GTX295. Sometimes, randomly (in-game, in windows or when I watching a film) the monitor turn to black for 2 seconds. The led of the monitor show me that it is on. Even that I change the monitor for another one (same model) but the problem still there with the new monitor too.
But the extrange thing is whith the same pc but with a 19" (1280x1024) LG I can play, work or watch a film perfectly without any black screen. Can be possible that the Graphic card were broken working at 1900x1200?

My specs:

LG Flatron W2452V
Asus P6T Deluxe
EVGA GTX295
F.A. Be Quiet BQT P7-PRO 750W Dark Power

I don't know what to do, change the graphic card or buy another monitor, i don't know where the problem is...

Thanks in advance
10 answers Last reply
More about possible problem evga
  1. it could be your monitor, do you have another graphics card to test the same monitor with
  2. Two monitors? It's possible but there is a low chance to happend that, with the same model.

No, i don't have another graphic card to test it....:S
  3. lol 19 inch doesn't support more than 1440x900, im afraid u must buy a new samsung t240 etc :D
  4. I know that a 19" don't support more than that, but I put an example with another monitor that I have. But the problem is solved, i bought yesterday a Samsung T240 instead to change again the LG 2452V for another one, and the error did not appear...
  5. I have the same problem with my LG flatron W2452V and i have tested it on EVGA GTX 285 and PNY GTX 295 (sli mode on)
    i also have tried different combinations, (GTX 285 sli and different monitors)

my specs are : Vista Ultimate x64
    Asus P5Q Deluxe
    PNY GTX 295
    Intel Core 2 duo E8500 @ 4.07Ghz
    4Gb ram @ ~1030 mushkin ddr2
  6. I have exactly the same system as you with the exception of the graphics card; mine is GTX 260. I have the same problem with the monitor (same model as yours). LG have changed it 3 times and insist it is not their monitors fault. The computer firm changed the motherboard from a DFIx58 to the ASUS p6t. The problem still is there.

DAMN! can someone help?
  7. Use the D-sub cable and if your pc does not have D-sub connector then use an adaptor. I not only solved the same problem but also got the full 1920 x 1200 resolution.
  8. It may just be Vista 64 resetting the driver, check the event log.
  9. I have exactly the same problem. In game, in window, everything, the monitor turn black about 2 seconds. I updated the drive, tested the HDMI, and the problem keeps.
    My PC:
    ASUS P6T DeLuxe V2
    EVGA GTX295
    LG W2452V
    Core i7 920
    Corsair Dominator 3x2GB
    Win7 Ultimate 64
  10. rescawen said:
    lol 19 inch doesn't support more than 1440x900, im afraid u must buy a new samsung t240 etc :D

High density monitors? You know notebooks with 19 inch monitors can have up to 1920x1200.

Fullscreen 19 inch monitors are usually 1280x1024.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics