geroxee

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009

i have INTEL DESKTOP D915 GAV/D915 PGN MOTHERBOARD.WITH DDR 1 PC 3200 1GIGA THEN I ADDED 2 PCS 1 GIGA EACH 3200 KINGSTON MEMOERY WHEN I TRY TO RESTART FOUND NO BEEPS BUT MOTHERBOARD WITH GREEN LIGHT AND POWER IS RUNNING BUT NO DISPLAY.

geroxee

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
CHANGED POWER SUPPLY.RESEATED BUT STILL NO DISPLAY ,NO CODE BEEPS?ANY IDEA WHAT HAD HAPPENED?I JUST INSTALL MEMORY (KINGSTON KVR 99P5429-006.A01LF KVR400X64C3A/1G 2.6V)

geroxee

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
no ,,the previous ram dont work anymore..i tried putting them one at a time ..no activity.is my motherboard dead?i saw only green light in my mobos.fans unning .that is all.thanks for your help.

geroxee

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
himcan you pls explain what had happen to my system?i just added a memory then suddenly it wont work anymore and now my motherboard is dead?what had transpired?

geroxee

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009

yes i am using on borad graphics?but why no code beeps ?

You need to take the time to communicate more information and be more clear.

1) Why did you change power supplies? How do you know the "new" one works?

2) Put the old psu back (unless you are absolutely certain it is broken) and use one stick of your new 1GB memory, clear CMOS, load defaults, edit them and save. Then boot up. Tell us what happens.

festerovic

Distinguished
Maybe the RAM is set to AUTO for all the timings, and the sticks have different timings. This can cause boot up hangs. Clear the BIOS, as suggested by others, and manually set the RAM speed and timings to relatively high settings. Please list the actual model of all sticks of RAM, and we can give you some ideas to use for the timings.