Windows xp on sony vaio i3

mee and sony

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
hello i have sony vaio. i cant install windows xp in it . showing the error message while installing. i tried after formatting my genuine os that is windows 7 home basic (that is 64 bit)
but no better result compared to before .
what should i do please help me to install .

and finally the error code while installing xp is

0X0000007B(0XF78D2524,0X00000034,0X00000000,0X00000000)

please mail me the solution
mail id:
me.mysony@gmail.com

This is a common problem with installing XP on newer systems from royalty OEM's. Especially laptops. Its cause is the hardware being setup for AHCI. XP doesn't support it natively.

The solution is to slipstream the drivers with XP or adjust the hardware to operate in old fashioned IDE/ATA mode. I think you can also install the driver during the XP installation without slipstreaming.

Check on Sony's support site for XP drivers for your laptop model. If there are no XP drivers, don't install XP, it won't work right.

Many new systems, especially from Sony, don't offer XP drivers anymore.

You will probably end up needing to re-install Windows 7 again.

This is wrong. If sony has no drivers, find who manufactures the chipsets and get the XP drivers from the manufacturer. The chipset manufacturers will usually have XP reference drivers available. They will work fine.

The option may not be in all system bios versions. However, if you don't know how to make bios changes, which is a pretty simple task, this may be a little over your head.

Just to clarify, you cant find the option or you don't know how to change bios settings?

You may need outside help for this problem. At what point does it crash? Does it give you an opportunity to load 3rd party drivers before it gives the error? If so, you can load them then.

If not, you have to rip your cd to your hard disk, install the drivers in the correct folder, then reburn the new disk so that it still autoboots. Thats it. Burning it so that it is bootable is the tricky part.

Try the driver load first.

mee and sony

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
its not giving an option to load drivers. only 2 or 3 times asking to install load third party drivers. then if i press f6 askijg to connect floppy drive. is there any alternate method to load third party drivers. without floppy and as well as using n lite. i burned a cd using n lite also by taking integrated options,leading to no change in error .

Link the drivers you downloaded for the system. Are you sure there are XP drivers for this model?

This may be a little beyond you. Your going to need somebody who knows what they are doing to help.

I think he was asking if they were XP drivers.

But Im not clear from your posts exactly why its restarting or what your doing to trigger it. You must be doing something. Computers dont usually restart randomly