Sign in with
Your question

Windows xp on sony vaio i3

Last response: in Windows XP
August 10, 2011 5:49:08 AM

hello i have sony vaio. i cant install windows xp in it . showing the error message while installing. i tried after formatting my genuine os that is windows 7 home basic (that is 64 bit)
but no better result compared to before .
what should i do please help me to install .

and finally the error code while installing xp is

0X0000007B(0XF78D2524,0X00000034,0X00000000,0X00000000)

please mail me the solution
mail id:
me.mysony@gmail.com

More about : windows sony vaio

August 10, 2011 5:59:10 AM

mee and sony said:
hello i have sony vaio. i cant install windows xp in it . showing the error message while installing. i tried after formatting my genuine os that is windows 7 home basic (that is 64 bit)
but no better result compared to before .
what should i do please help me to install .

and finally the error code while installing xp is

0X0000007B(0XF78D2524,0X00000034,0X00000000,0X00000000)

please mail me the solution
mail id:
me.mysony@gmail.com

This is a common problem with installing XP on newer systems from royalty OEM's. Especially laptops. Its cause is the hardware being setup for AHCI. XP doesn't support it natively.

The solution is to slipstream the drivers with XP or adjust the hardware to operate in old fashioned IDE/ATA mode. I think you can also install the driver during the XP installation without slipstreaming.
m
l
August 10, 2011 3:43:11 PM

thanks for reply. how to slipstream . am new to my lap. especially this type things.. please explain me in detail.
m
l
Related resources
August 11, 2011 5:28:22 AM

mee and sony said:
thanks for reply. how to slipstream . am new to my lap. especially this type things.. please explain me in detail.

Thats fairly involved. First check your bios for a AHCI setting and change it to IDE.
m
l
August 11, 2011 9:17:52 AM

thanku.. but i dont know how too?

m
l
August 11, 2011 2:11:41 PM

Check on Sony's support site for XP drivers for your laptop model. If there are no XP drivers, don't install XP, it won't work right.

Many new systems, especially from Sony, don't offer XP drivers anymore.

You will probably end up needing to re-install Windows 7 again.
m
l
August 11, 2011 3:38:57 PM

yaa have drivers. i downloaded from sony website for my model. showing error code . i mentioned in first post
m
l
August 11, 2011 8:48:50 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Check on Sony's support site for XP drivers for your laptop model. If there are no XP drivers, don't install XP, it won't work right.

Many new systems, especially from Sony, don't offer XP drivers anymore.

You will probably end up needing to re-install Windows 7 again.

This is wrong. If sony has no drivers, find who manufactures the chipsets and get the XP drivers from the manufacturer. The chipset manufacturers will usually have XP reference drivers available. They will work fine.
m
l
August 11, 2011 8:51:27 PM

mee and sony said:
thanku.. but i dont know how too?

The option may not be in all system bios versions. However, if you don't know how to make bios changes, which is a pretty simple task, this may be a little over your head.

Just to clarify, you cant find the option or you don't know how to change bios settings?
m
l
August 12, 2011 6:35:44 AM

i cant find the option
m
l
August 12, 2011 8:12:38 AM

i cant find the option ... and i dnt know how to change....
m
l
August 13, 2011 4:26:37 AM

You may need outside help for this problem. At what point does it crash? Does it give you an opportunity to load 3rd party drivers before it gives the error? If so, you can load them then.

If not, you have to rip your cd to your hard disk, install the drivers in the correct folder, then reburn the new disk so that it still autoboots. Thats it. Burning it so that it is bootable is the tricky part.

Try the driver load first.
m
l
August 14, 2011 6:13:17 AM

its not giving an option to load drivers. only 2 or 3 times asking to install load third party drivers. then if i press f6 askijg to connect floppy drive. is there any alternate method to load third party drivers. without floppy and as well as using n lite. i burned a cd using n lite also by taking integrated options,leading to no change in error .
m
l
August 14, 2011 6:18:52 AM

usually while installing xp after few minutes ,it will ask to select a driver to load xp,before this check point it is showing error
m
l
August 14, 2011 6:29:06 AM

mee and sony said:
its not giving an option to load drivers. only 2 or 3 times asking to install load third party drivers. then if i press f6 askijg to connect floppy drive.......

It doesn't have to be a floppy. Just change the drive.
m
l
August 15, 2011 5:21:30 PM

finally i insalled xp. but while installing drivers like ati graphic and etc,, automatically my computer is going restart immediately. what to do ?
m
l
August 15, 2011 5:28:53 PM

mee and sony said:
finally i insalled xp. but while installing drivers like ati graphic and etc,, automatically my computer is going restart immediately. what to do ?

Link the drivers you downloaded for the system. Are you sure there are XP drivers for this model?
m
l
August 16, 2011 5:12:18 AM

mee and sony said:

This may be a little beyond you. Your going to need somebody who knows what they are doing to help.

m
l
August 16, 2011 5:58:23 AM

yaa sure i have drivers for my model. what should i install to prevent automatic restart while installing graphic driver
m
l
August 16, 2011 7:12:05 AM

mee and sony said:
yaa sure i have drivers for my model. what should i install to prevent automatic restart while installing graphic driver

I think he was asking if they were XP drivers.

But Im not clear from your posts exactly why its restarting or what your doing to trigger it. You must be doing something. Computers dont usually restart randomly
m
l
August 16, 2011 8:32:15 AM

yaa its clear now. i solved if again it will happen i ll giv what is happening ?

thanksss falcon
m
l
August 21, 2011 8:13:43 AM

hai falcon

how to change user account picture position from middle to some where other at windows 7 log on screen

please help meee ....
m
l
August 22, 2011 2:21:56 AM

mee and sony said:
hai falcon

how to change user account picture position from middle to some where other at windows 7 log on screen

please help meee ....

I'm not sure you can. I have never attempted it before.
m
l
August 22, 2011 8:12:49 AM

hi friend . . .
i stepped some what
forward in to dis.. i replaced my logon box with longhorn log on style.. that is some what different to our windows 7 and it has a box ..inside the box has account picture box..

getting bore to watch windows 7 log on box in middle. iam giving some what information in this link. i think u can now.

m
l
March 10, 2012 7:51:21 PM

FALC0N said:
Thats fairly involved. First check your bios for a AHCI setting and change it to IDE.

m
l
June 20, 2012 11:44:17 AM

It has not ATA/AHCI option in the BIOS ! Also slipstreaming with nlite doesn't work, and the laptop does noet recognise a usb floppy !!!! :o 
m
l
June 20, 2012 11:47:16 AM

But how does mini xp from hiren boot cd works ? and sees the hdd partitions ?
m
l
!