Windows xp on sony vaio i3

hello i have sony vaio. i cant install windows xp in it . showing the error message while installing. i tried after formatting my genuine os that is windows 7 home basic (that is 64 bit)
but no better result compared to before .
what should i do please help me to install .


and finally the error code while installing xp is

0X0000007B(0XF78D2524,0X00000034,0X00000000,0X00000000)


please mail me the solution
mail id:
me.mysony@gmail.com
26 answers Last reply
More about windows sony vaio
  1. mee and sony said:
    hello i have sony vaio. i cant install windows xp in it . showing the error message while installing. i tried after formatting my genuine os that is windows 7 home basic (that is 64 bit)
    but no better result compared to before .
    what should i do please help me to install .


    and finally the error code while installing xp is

    0X0000007B(0XF78D2524,0X00000034,0X00000000,0X00000000)


    please mail me the solution
    mail id:
    me.mysony@gmail.com


    This is a common problem with installing XP on newer systems from royalty OEM's. Especially laptops. Its cause is the hardware being setup for AHCI. XP doesn't support it natively.

    The solution is to slipstream the drivers with XP or adjust the hardware to operate in old fashioned IDE/ATA mode. I think you can also install the driver during the XP installation without slipstreaming.
  2. thanks for reply. how to slipstream . am new to my lap. especially this type things.. please explain me in detail.
  3. mee and sony said:
    thanks for reply. how to slipstream . am new to my lap. especially this type things.. please explain me in detail.


    Thats fairly involved. First check your bios for a AHCI setting and change it to IDE.
  4. thanku.. but i dont know how too?
  5. Check on Sony's support site for XP drivers for your laptop model. If there are no XP drivers, don't install XP, it won't work right.

    Many new systems, especially from Sony, don't offer XP drivers anymore.

    You will probably end up needing to re-install Windows 7 again.
  6. yaa have drivers. i downloaded from sony website for my model. showing error code . i mentioned in first post
  7. hang-the-9 said:
    Check on Sony's support site for XP drivers for your laptop model. If there are no XP drivers, don't install XP, it won't work right.

    Many new systems, especially from Sony, don't offer XP drivers anymore.

    You will probably end up needing to re-install Windows 7 again.


    This is wrong. If sony has no drivers, find who manufactures the chipsets and get the XP drivers from the manufacturer. The chipset manufacturers will usually have XP reference drivers available. They will work fine.
  8. mee and sony said:
    thanku.. but i dont know how too?


    The option may not be in all system bios versions. However, if you don't know how to make bios changes, which is a pretty simple task, this may be a little over your head.

    Just to clarify, you cant find the option or you don't know how to change bios settings?
  9. i cant find the option
  10. i cant find the option ... and i dnt know how to change....
  11. You may need outside help for this problem. At what point does it crash? Does it give you an opportunity to load 3rd party drivers before it gives the error? If so, you can load them then.

    If not, you have to rip your cd to your hard disk, install the drivers in the correct folder, then reburn the new disk so that it still autoboots. Thats it. Burning it so that it is bootable is the tricky part.

    Try the driver load first.
  12. its not giving an option to load drivers. only 2 or 3 times asking to install load third party drivers. then if i press f6 askijg to connect floppy drive. is there any alternate method to load third party drivers. without floppy and as well as using n lite. i burned a cd using n lite also by taking integrated options,leading to no change in error .
  13. usually while installing xp after few minutes ,it will ask to select a driver to load xp,before this check point it is showing error
  14. mee and sony said:
    its not giving an option to load drivers. only 2 or 3 times asking to install load third party drivers. then if i press f6 askijg to connect floppy drive.......


    It doesn't have to be a floppy. Just change the drive.
  15. finally i insalled xp. but while installing drivers like ati graphic and etc,, automatically my computer is going restart immediately. what to do ?
  16. mee and sony said:
    finally i insalled xp. but while installing drivers like ati graphic and etc,, automatically my computer is going restart immediately. what to do ?


    Link the drivers you downloaded for the system. Are you sure there are XP drivers for this model?
  17. mee and sony said:
    finally i insalled xp. but while installing drivers like ati graphic and etc,, automatically my computer is going restart immediately. what to do ?


    This may be a little beyond you. Your going to need somebody who knows what they are doing to help.
  18. yaa sure i have drivers for my model. what should i install to prevent automatic restart while installing graphic driver
  19. mee and sony said:
    yaa sure i have drivers for my model. what should i install to prevent automatic restart while installing graphic driver


    I think he was asking if they were XP drivers.

    But Im not clear from your posts exactly why its restarting or what your doing to trigger it. You must be doing something. Computers dont usually restart randomly
  20. yaa its clear now. i solved if again it will happen i ll giv what is happening ?

    thanksss falcon
  21. hai falcon


    how to change user account picture position from middle to some where other at windows 7 log on screen



    please help meee ....
  22. mee and sony said:
    hai falcon


    how to change user account picture position from middle to some where other at windows 7 log on screen



    please help meee ....


    I'm not sure you can. I have never attempted it before.
  23. hi friend . . .
    i stepped some what
    forward in to dis.. i replaced my logon box with longhorn log on style.. that is some what different to our windows 7 and it has a box ..inside the box has account picture box..

    getting bore to watch windows 7 log on box in middle. iam giving some what information in this link. i think u can now.
    http://lifehacker.com/5626232/change-the-windows-7-logon-box
  24. FALC0N said:
    Thats fairly involved. First check your bios for a AHCI setting and change it to IDE.
  25. It has not ATA/AHCI option in the BIOS ! Also slipstreaming with nlite doesn't work, and the laptop does noet recognise a usb floppy !!!! :o
  26. But how does mini xp from hiren boot cd works ? and sees the hdd partitions ?
Ask a new question

Read More

Sony Vaio Error Message Windows XP