i cant install university

has anyone had this problem before
i tried downloading the new expansion pack sims university, and at the
very end it says that it needs to make sure the sims2 is up to date and
asks me to put in the sims2 disk, and then when its almost done, a popup
comes up and says error, and then terminates the download...i tried many
things, but it will never download...HELP!
6 answers Last reply
More about install university

    islandbabi wrote:

    > has anyone had this problem before
    > i tried downloading the new expansion pack sims university, and at the
    > very end it says that it needs to make sure the sims2 is up to date and
    > asks me to put in the sims2 disk, and then when its almost done, a popup
    > comes up and says error, and then terminates the download...i tried many
    > things, but it will never download...HELP!

    Did you try the latest patch from the sims2 site directly?

    Maybe that'll work better for you?

    -georg

    where can i find the latest patch...lol im still learning all of this sims
    stuff =\

    where can i find the latest patch...lol im still learning all of this sims
    stuff =\

    I'm looking for: Old city, abandon, decrepit sidewalks tiles for my sims 1
    slum hood. Does anyone know where I might find some?

    Many thanks,

    -Abe

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:39:08 -0500, "islandbabi"
    <lil_lisa_lou2@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >has anyone had this problem before
    >i tried downloading the new expansion pack sims university, and at the
    >very end it says that it needs to make sure the sims2 is up to date and
    >asks me to put in the sims2 disk, and then when its almost done, a popup
    >comes up and says error, and then terminates the download...i tried many
    >things, but it will never download...HELP!

    Don't install Sims University to the Sims 2 directory, I found out
    the hard way that is a big no no as it changes the files it checks,
    when it can't find them it just uninstalls university and leaves your
    Sims 2 install a mess.

    of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

    islandbabi wrote:

    > where can i find the latest patch...lol im still learning all of this sims
    > stuff =\

    http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

    -georg

Sims Download Games Video Games