Sign in with
Your question

X-Fi Xtreme Audio Vs Audigy 4

Last response: in Components
June 8, 2009 11:21:37 AM

Hey,

i'm thinking of upgrading my sound card soon from my Soundblaster Creative Audigy 4 to a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio.

is it worth the upgrade?

will i notice a difference in games and music?

Thanks everyone :ange: 

More about : xtreme audio audigy

June 8, 2009 11:34:53 AM

What speaker are you using?
If you aren't using top quality multi-hundred dollar speakers then you won't even notice the difference between modern integrated audio e.g. the commonly found Realtek HD compared to Audigy4.

X-Fi Xtreme Audio is really just a rebranded Audigy SE so it is technically not an upgrade from Audigy 4, more like downgrade. X-Fi XtremeMusic/XtremeGamer(same thing) is the the lowest ranking using the X-Fi chip.

Save yourself the hassle and just use the high quality integrated audio found on modern motherboard. Having a sound card is really meant for production quality audio, with the output i.e. speakers to match it. Not to mention Creative sound card drivers can be an absolute pain when it comes to stability in Vista.
June 8, 2009 11:40:26 AM

wuzy said:
What speaker are you using?
If you aren't using top quality multi-hundred dollar speakers then you won't even notice the difference between modern integrated audio e.g. the commonly found Realtek HD compared to Audigy4.

X-Fi Xtreme Audio is really just a rebranded Audigy SE so it is technically not an upgrade from Audigy 4, more like downgrade. X-Fi XtremeMusic/XtremeGamer(same thing) is the the lowest ranking using the X-Fi chip.

Save yourself the hassle and just use the high quality integrated audio found on modern motherboard. Having a sound card is really meant for production quality audio, with the output i.e. speakers to match it. Not to mention Creative sound card drivers can be an absolute pain when it comes to stability in Vista.

thanks for your quick reply.

im using the Logitech x-530 and so far it sounds great but i think im not getting the right EAX and audio quality i should be getting with my audigy 4

which sound card should i get if any?

thanks again
June 8, 2009 1:05:19 PM

If you want a cheap sound card, nothing beats the ASUS Xonar DX. Heck, I'd NEVER buy anything from Createive; I'd stick with ASUS and Azuentech at this point.
!