Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need help choosing from 3 Gigabyte motherboards.

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
August 19, 2009 9:45:33 AM

Hi,

Looking at these 3 MB's:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Product...

I cant seem to find any differences. Which is the newest? Which of those has the lowest power consumption (watt)?

Thanks.

--
Werner
a b V Motherboard
August 19, 2009 10:06:25 AM

There's no real difference between them as they all use ICH7 controller and G31 chipset. According to Gigabyte, GA-EG31M-S2(rev. 2.0) is a much more power saver among the 3 (although you won't be able to actually feel the difference).

I say get the one who has better deal.
August 19, 2009 10:11:10 AM

I have the best deal with the GA-G31M-ES2L.
Do you by any chance know what we are talking about in watt? 1watt, 20watt difference?

Thanks.
Related resources
August 19, 2009 2:29:28 PM

baddad said:
That's a micro ATX board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... and they usually lack some features, what are you looking for in a mother board.


First of all I need low power consumption. Support for Core 2 Duo E7200. Integrated graphics. 4 SATA. Lots of USB. Quality.

--
a c 177 V Motherboard
August 19, 2009 2:40:38 PM

Just points out the fact that GB is making way too many boards chasing picayune niches in the marketplace to be able to provide decent support for any of them; I count 125 different socket 775 MOBOs alone, on their selection page here:
http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/Products/Motherboard/Produc...
August 19, 2009 4:56:42 PM

bilbat said:
Just points out the fact that GB is making way too many boards chasing picayune niches in the marketplace to be able to provide decent support for any of them; I count 125 different socket 775 MOBOs alone, on their selection page here:
http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/Products/Motherboard/Produc...


Yes I noticed this myself and I dont really care if its GB - Im just trying to get a MB that looks like the one in this article: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-atom-efficien...

The Gigabyte was just the first I found with the G31 chipset.

--
a c 177 V Motherboard
August 19, 2009 5:23:39 PM

Don't get me wrong - GB makes excellent MOBOs - just too damned many of 'em!

Quote:
Im just trying to get a MB that looks like the one in this article:


I'm not clear here - are you looking for something with the Atom CPU, a mini-ITX board, or what?
August 19, 2009 5:32:48 PM

bilbat said:
Don't get me wrong - GB makes excellent MOBOs - just too damned many of 'em!

Quote:
Im just trying to get a MB that looks like the one in this article:


I'm not clear here - are you looking for something with the Atom CPU, a mini-ITX board, or what?


Oh my bad. I'm trying to construct a system that looks like the G31 setup in that article - see here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-atom-efficien... - in there he's testing a Foxconn G31MG-S motherboard.

It hits 30 watt in idle - which I really want :) 

I havent found that motherboard in Denmark, but I have found the Gigabyte I wrote about. Secondly I havent found the Fortron FSP220-60LE, 220 W power supply but I have found a 330W Seasonic (80+).

So thats my status - I hope that Gigabyte is the right for low-power consumption - but it is just a guess...
!