I need help!

Hi!
I need someone to show me the right direction.
Yesterday finally University arrived and after some installation
problems I deinstalled The Sims 2. When I grab my CD case from the
shelf I realized, that my manual was gone! So I don't have the
registration key.
Unfortunately the registry file was already changed and no key could
be found.
I remember that someone wrote here that it is possible to retrieve the
CD key for a regsitered game from EA, but I couldn't find any way to
get in contact via the website.
Can anybody show me a way to get my cd key back? :o(
Greetings
Markus
15 answers Last reply
More about help

    I am also in the UK and mine was on the manual.

    Markus Brent wrote:
    > Hi!
    > I need someone to show me the right direction.
    > Yesterday finally University arrived and after some installation
    > problems I deinstalled The Sims 2. When I grab my CD case from the
    > shelf I realized, that my manual was gone! So I don't have the
    > registration key.
    > Unfortunately the registry file was already changed and no key could
    > be found.
    > I remember that someone wrote here that it is possible to retrieve the
    > CD key for a regsitered game from EA, but I couldn't find any way to
    > get in contact via the website.
    > Can anybody show me a way to get my cd key back? :o(
    > Greetings
    > Markus

    The registration key is found on the back of the jewel case, not in the
    manual.

    Jeanie

    "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message news:<vPgYd.117460$tl3.40699@attbi_s02>...
    > Markus Brent wrote:
    > > Hi!
    > > I need someone to show me the right direction.
    > > Yesterday finally University arrived and after some installation
    > > problems I deinstalled The Sims 2. When I grab my CD case from the
    > > shelf I realized, that my manual was gone! So I don't have the
    > > registration key.
    > > Unfortunately the registry file was already changed and no key could
    > > be found.
    > > I remember that someone wrote here that it is possible to retrieve the
    > > CD key for a regsitered game from EA, but I couldn't find any way to
    > > get in contact via the website.
    > > Can anybody show me a way to get my cd key back? :o(
    > > Greetings
    > > Markus
    >
    > The registration key is found on the back of the jewel case, not in the
    > manual.
    >
    > Jeanie

    TS2 is'nt in a jewel case but in a dvd-box and the key is -
    unfortunately - on the manual!

    Grretings
    Markus

    > The registration key is found on the back of the jewel case, not in the
    > manual.

    I'm in the UK and my key was on my manual not the jewel case.

    Deborah
    --
    Hamster Heaven - http://www.hamsterheaven.co.uk

    >The registration key is found on the back of the jewel case, not in the
    >manual.
    >
    >Jeanie

    Maybe thats different for each country.
    My registration key is on the back of the manual and I live in the
    Netherlands.

    Elly.

    Ditto with MM :-)

    (Although I will confess to panicking the first time I installed and
    the installation program told me to get the registry key from the back
    of the box - I thought I was going mad because I couldn't find it!)

    ~*~
    vecki

    Eveie wrote:
    > I am also in the UK and mine was on the manual.

    Well, I stand corrected. <g>
    Nevermind......

    Jeanie

    I'm in Australia and it is on the box here, Jeanie, so it must just be
    different in different places - strange. I wonder if it has to do with local
    laws or just local expectations?

    MM

    > Eveie wrote:
    > > I am also in the UK and mine was on the manual.
    >
    > Well, I stand corrected. <g>
    > Nevermind......
    >
    > Jeanie

    But, mines a DVD box (with CD's inside) and the key is printed on a piece of
    sticky label inside my box.

    MM

    "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1110587414.579622.315460@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>...
    > Ditto with MM :-)
    >
    > (Although I will confess to panicking the first time I installed and
    > the installation program told me to get the registry key from the back
    > of the box - I thought I was going mad because I couldn't find it!)
    >
    > ~*~
    > vecki

    What can I do that you will believe me?
    In the German version there is no sticker on the DVD box, the key is
    only printed on the back of the manual. It's the same with the
    University box.
    But thanks for your help anyway. I think I have to figure it out on my
    own.
    Markus

    I actually wrote Maxis a VERY rude letter when I first went to install Sims
    1. I couldn't find the key anywhere on the manual (which is where the game
    claimed it was). I wrote and (as I said before) was very rude about how they
    were trying to defraud me and that they better get me a key damn quick -
    they wrote back very politely and asked if I had checked the jewel case.
    *cringe*

    MM

    "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Ditto with MM :-)
    >
    > (Although I will confess to panicking the first time I installed and
    > the installation program told me to get the registry key from the back
    > of the box - I thought I was going mad because I couldn't find it!)
    >
    > ~*~
    > vecki

    I missed the original post here, but had you installed it before on your
    system? Or are you having to reinstall from a reformat of your computer?
    If you are just reinstalling and it is not after a reformat, your registry
    key may be in the registry of your computer still.

    brentmark@aol.com (Markus Brent) wrote:

    >I remember that someone wrote here that it is possible to retrieve the
    >CD key for a regsitered game from EA, but I couldn't find any way to
    >get in contact via the website.

    Fax your sales slip and a copy of the first CD to 0221-97582111 and ask
    them for a new key.

    --
    Philipp Lucas
    phlucas@online-club.de

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > I missed the original post here, but had you installed it before on
    > your system? Or are you having to reinstall from a reformat of your
    > computer? If you are just reinstalling and it is not after a
    > reformat, your registry key may be in the registry of your computer
    > still.

    He had TS2 installed on his PC, He tried to install University, it went
    wrong, he uninstalled everything. He went to reinstall but found that he
    had lost the manual on which the Serial Number is Printed and it was not in
    the registry. Despite several people confirming that in europe it *is* on
    the manual some people refuse to believe this. However, Markus has decided
    (I think) to write to Maxis/EA.

    "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
    > Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > > I missed the original post here, but had you installed it before on
    > > your system? Or are you having to reinstall from a reformat of your
    > > computer? If you are just reinstalling and it is not after a
    > > reformat, your registry key may be in the registry of your computer
    > > still.
    >
    > He had TS2 installed on his PC, He tried to install University, it went
    > wrong, he uninstalled everything. He went to reinstall but found that he
    > had lost the manual on which the Serial Number is Printed and it was not
    in
    > the registry. Despite several people confirming that in europe it *is* on
    > the manual some people refuse to believe this. However, Markus has
    decided
    > (I think) to write to Maxis/EA.

    Thank you Will. There is a possibility that the serial number could still
    be in his registry..............now if I could just remember how to find it
    :)

Sims CD-Rom Video Games