EXTREME TEMPERATURE CPU.......

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • LED Monitor
  • Temperature
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
June 8, 2009 6:45:39 PM

hi guys i've been experiencing heavy cpu temperature problems, i live in chennai the climate is super summer here.. the room's ambient temp is about 35-36 degree celsius and my cpu's temp at idle is around 65 celsius.pls spend some time in linking this image's url.. " alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " /> at full load " alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " /> so i seek any help i could get here......the temprature readings were taken from asus pc probe and everest ultimate linked with sidebar.... my chassis is thermally advantaged has three 120x120mm LED fans & one 250mm big led fan...and a sensor led display.

More about : extreme temperature cpu

a b à CPUs
June 8, 2009 7:01:21 PM

I think something is wrong.try to place the heat sink and fan again.
the temp should not be that high.
i live in delhi and the temps are 45degree celcius at noon but still my cpu is around 40 degrees .and i m on stock.
try some good thermal compund.
btw which processor you have?
June 8, 2009 7:08:57 PM

everythings are just fine dude i checked it again..the thermal compound is a stock one came along with the heat sink ..it intel core2quad q8200....
Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 8, 2009 7:34:46 PM

Hmmmm - mid-90's. Pleasant :) 

Anyhow, not sure exactly how this works but C2D usually idles approx ~15-20 C over ambient. That should place your "normal" idle at 50C to 55C. So, you are running 10-15 hot at idle.

Only two things can do that:

1) Ambient temp at your computer is higher than ambient room temp. Is your PC case enclosed in any way? Under a desk? Any way that its hotter than the average in the room?

2) Poorly installed and/or weak heatsink. Fixes for that are relatively standard:

- Triple check your heatsink/fan installation. Take it off, clean the cpu and heatsink thoroughly, apply paste, reinstall securely.

- If you are running the stock cooler, replace it.

- Make sure all those case fans aren't fighting against your heat-sink fan and somehow preventing warm air from leaving the cpu and then the case.
June 8, 2009 7:52:12 PM

temperature led shows 39.9 degree inside cabin. the cabin is kep in open air under the fan..
a b à CPUs
June 8, 2009 8:07:10 PM

Over 100 lol . . . well, let's adjust for what I missed first time around.

Quad runs 20+ over ambient, ambient is 40 give or take. That gets us to 60+C.

You are at 65C. Maybe you're right, the cooler is installed correctly.
June 8, 2009 8:10:33 PM

1) I agree with twoboxer, "Triple check your heatsink/fan installation" If you are ussing push pin config quadruple check it, believe me you can be sure it's properly installed and it's not (I'm assuming it's a new build).
2) had a problem once that the thermal sensor on the mobo failed and started giving me super high temps, touch the heatsink on different places and tell us how hot is it (but it's very, very rare to be a thermal sensor malfunction)
3) Try with the case open to make sure the fans aren't letting the cpu fan to take air propperly
4) it's possible for it to be normal, but I really think it's too high, even on a 35º ambient.
June 8, 2009 8:19:33 PM

shubham1401 said:

i live in delhi and the temps are 45degree celcius at noon but still my cpu is around 40 degrees .and i m on stock.

UMM... im gunna have to call bullshit here man.

EXPLAIN how your CPU is lower then room temp.. even if you are running a KILLER water loop?!
June 8, 2009 8:22:01 PM

striker10001 with an Ambient temp of 35-36 i would suspect under load you would hit close to 60.

As others have mentioned i would remove the heatsink, clean the thermal paste off the CPU and heatsink and re-install.
June 8, 2009 8:22:30 PM

guys i just ripped the whole cpu and took the processor out ..man its really damn hot and i found a website telling that core 2 quad cpu's stock cooler are prone to get fault easily... the thermal compond is ok.. cooler emplacement ok... i think airflow in cabint is also ok..... air inlet from top,inlrt from back,inlet from big fan on left side,outlet from small below the big one...and outlet from psu's fan which is mounted below the psu....assuming everything's fine except cpu's temp...its only two weeks i bought the whole rig...
June 8, 2009 8:22:32 PM

Lol...below ambient ...?
never had those before in my whole life for 13 years using a PC
I'm running a i7 920@3.7GHz@1.275v room temperature is around 31~34ºc
idles at 43~48ºc depends on the room temp , while on intel burn test (linpack) tops at 71~73ºc
Try get a decent CPU cooler like the TRUE or xigmatek S1283~S1286 or many more choices...
and a good thermal paste like Arctic MX-2
a b à CPUs
June 8, 2009 8:25:29 PM

I never trust in-house utilities; use Realtemp/Speedfan and let us know what thats reporting.

Also, I only see one CPU temp; are you sure you just aren't getting CPU0 + CPU1? (Which would put temps in the mid 30's - 40's)
June 8, 2009 8:25:35 PM

guys i double checked the temp at bios hardware monitor its 75 now..thanks for replies so far friends.....
June 8, 2009 8:26:58 PM

hi.. grieve, may be shubham1401 could have mistyped....
June 8, 2009 8:32:34 PM

guys should i test once again with intel burn test said by xyzionz and post the result again....
June 8, 2009 8:34:04 PM

Striker... use realtemp to get your temps

June 8, 2009 8:34:56 PM

dont worry about ambient, full load is all that matters.

If the temps are 30+ above ambient remove heatsink....clean reinstall.
June 8, 2009 8:36:11 PM

Just keep seating the Heatsink untill you get something in the 50's under load. I think with a 35 ambient, 55 would be a great target under load.
June 8, 2009 8:43:21 PM

here it is grieve pls take the link no idea on posting the proof.... " alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />
June 8, 2009 8:44:42 PM

u mean adjusting heat sink on the run.... grieve..
June 8, 2009 8:56:13 PM

NO.. you need to shut down... remove thermal compound and reaply everything... boot up and stress the CPU again.

I see in that pic 60 is your highest temp? is that under load? If so.. its OK considering 35 ambient temps.
June 8, 2009 9:00:14 PM

I WOULD SUGGEST A QUICK TEST:

TURN ON DE COMPUTER AND GO TO BIOS
WATCH TEMPS ON BIOS FOR A WHILE
AFTER THE TEMPS GET STABLE APPLY SOME FORCE ON THE HEAT SINK (PUSHING IT HARDER AGAINST THE MOBO) AND SEE IF TEMPS DROP
IF TEMPS DROP, YOUR HS IS FAULTY OR MOST LIKELY NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY
June 8, 2009 9:03:43 PM

rojito, i already tried those tactics when i removed the cpu for analyse..the bios reading were constant 75-76 on shaking and pressing tight...
June 8, 2009 9:07:40 PM

now cpu-64
gpu-66
motherboard-51
hdd-46, results from everest,when i refresh this page for any update i don't see any cpu usage rate but the stupid temp keeps raising for a touch of a stupid button.
June 8, 2009 9:08:57 PM

stupid temp crapp my sleep....anyway sem holidays....
June 8, 2009 9:13:19 PM

Dont worry about GPU.. they can hit like 90-100 no problem.
June 8, 2009 9:17:25 PM

no..no i don't worry on gpu'sand those m-board and sata's ,cpu's are only problem
June 8, 2009 9:54:18 PM

well,real temp in full load.. ....
a b à CPUs
June 8, 2009 10:27:11 PM

striker10001 said:
... i think airflow in cabint is also ok..... air inlet from top,inlrt from back,inlet from big fan on left side,outlet from small below the big one...and outlet from psu's fan which is mounted below the psu....assuming everything's fine except cpu's temp...its only two weeks i bought the whole rig...

1) Could you clarify: Which fans are blowing in? Which fans are blowing out? Ignore "air inlets", just talk fans.

2) Those Realtemp readings aren't too bad considering your ambient is 18-20 degrees C higher than "normal" lol.
a b à CPUs
June 8, 2009 11:10:30 PM

grieve said:
Keep reseating over and over to obtain the best contact possible
Check this link…. Are you applying the thermal paste like it says on this site?

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions....

If you can’t get under 60 @ full load I would consider purchasing a new Heatsink.
What’s the CPU voltage? Get CPUZ here… and take a screenshot http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

60 at full load would be quite difficult with an ambient that high. The heatsink is likely working fine, but with an ambient 15 degrees up from what most people would have, the load temps will be 15 up as well. Therefore, a system that could get under 60 at full load for him would get under 45 for anyone in a cooler room. That's kind of unreasonable for a quad on air.
June 9, 2009 9:10:31 AM

Twoboxer said:
1) Could you clarify: Which fans are blowing in? Which fans are blowing out? Ignore "air inlets", just talk fans.

2) Those Realtemp readings aren't too bad considering your ambient is 18-20 degrees C higher than "normal" lol.

have a look at these links twoboxer explained in detail top fan side panel back side led display temps... that's it...
a b à CPUs
June 9, 2009 1:59:34 PM

grieve said:
UMM... im gunna have to call bullshit here man.

EXPLAIN how your CPU is lower then room temp.. even if you are running a KILLER water loop?!

I said the temperature at noon is 45 degree celcius but the room temp is lower than that.
i just wanted to tell him that his temps should be around 40-50.
and if you think i m lying then i can post the real temp screenshot .you can check those.
June 9, 2009 2:40:59 PM

cjl said:
60 at full load would be quite difficult with an ambient that high. The heatsink is likely working fine, but with an ambient 15 degrees up from what most people would have, the load temps will be 15 up as well. Therefore, a system that could get under 60 at full load for him would get under 45 for anyone in a cooler room. That's kind of unreasonable for a quad on air.

I don't think 60 is unreasoable with a 35 ambient.

My machine runs about 48 full load with an abient temp of 25 (so 23 above ambient)

If his room temp is 35.... 58 is reasonable.

He may simply require an aftermarket heatsink....
a b à CPUs
June 9, 2009 3:50:32 PM

dude what theme is that? i would love to see my temps n such on the desktop.
June 9, 2009 4:46:24 PM

its multi sensors, u need to have everest ultimate edition to link it and use, otherwise it won't function just google it up..
have look at thread spot the not, and u'll trust many...
a b à CPUs
June 9, 2009 5:33:53 PM

Man spend some extra bucks and get an aftermarket cooler as you have tried everything and this seems to be the only choice left.
June 9, 2009 5:58:41 PM

yeah i've thinking that do any one suggest for cooler master v8..... or anything best below 150$
a b à CPUs
June 9, 2009 8:50:12 PM

$150? US?

That's a pretty high budget. You could get a TRUE for that.
June 9, 2009 9:58:10 PM

Get a Xigmatek or similar (with direct touch technology), they're excellent air coolers and cost about 40$
June 9, 2009 10:14:52 PM

yop! $ 150 or about 8000 rs/- i dont't think that xigmatek will available here, but coolermaster available at delta peripherals,chennai. [[xigmatek model ?? any image link dude....
June 9, 2009 10:53:22 PM

Shouldn't both fans at the back blowing out air? I think it will help to have the case fan in the back turned around... At least try it to see if temps will get any lower or not...
a b à CPUs
June 9, 2009 11:19:07 PM

OK, so you did describe the fan direction correctly the first time. I've never seen such an airflow design, and you are creating considerable turbulence inside the case.

If I were you, I'd change to a much more STANDARD air flow, and not depend on your two poorly placed, smallest fans and seams in the case to get air OUT of the case.

Reverse the top fan and the rear panel fan. This will insure most air comes in from the side (large fan), and is drawn up to the cpu by the top and rear EXHAUST fans, some of which will be blown past your cpu cooler by that fan before exiting.

I'm not too worried about your small side fan being set to exhaust once the other changes are made. Although I would ask you to simply TURN IT OFF while you test the changes above.

After you test this suggestion, you can turn it back on and re-check cpu and vid card temps. I'll bet the cpu is worse.

THEN try turning off the LARGE side fan, and setting the SMALL side fan to in. I'll bet everything is cooler.
June 10, 2009 1:57:06 AM

striker10001 said:
yop! $ 150 or about 8000 rs/- i dont't think that xigmatek will available here, but coolermaster available at delta peripherals,chennai. [[xigmatek model ?? any image link dude....

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

KINGWIN XT-1264 120mm Xtreme Direct H.T.C. (Heat-pipe Touch Chip) CPU Cooler w/ 1366 Bracket - Retail:

Or OCZ Veendetta 120mm fan.

They are very cheap and efficient solutions, you have to pay double or more to get 1 to 3 degrees less.

For now I suggest you try with the case open to see if temps drop a little. If they do, it means your case fans are taking the airflow the cpu cooler needs and have to rethink the directions.

Here's a review on the xigmatek
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/therma...
June 10, 2009 6:55:24 AM

Twoboxer said:
OK, so you did describe the fan direction correctly the first time. I've never seen such an airflow design, and you are creating considerable turbulence inside the case.

If I were you, I'd change to a much more STANDARD air flow, and not depend on your two poorly placed, smallest fans and seams in the case to get air OUT of the case.

Reverse the top fan and the rear panel fan. This will insure most air comes in from the side (large fan), and is drawn up to the cpu by the top and rear EXHAUST fans, some of which will be blown past your cpu cooler by that fan before exiting.

I'm not too worried about your small side fan being set to exhaust once the other changes are made. Although I would ask you to simply TURN IT OFF while you test the changes above.

After you test this suggestion, you can turn it back on and re-check cpu and vid card temps. I'll bet the cpu is worse.

THEN try turning off the LARGE side fan, and setting the SMALL side fan to in. I'll bet everything is cooler.

thanks for your suggestion twoboxer, but the problem is i never designed the airflow, these stupid airflow design came along with the cpu cabin,i can't reverse the top fan, i can't reach it with screw drivers, i'll reverse all the other and post the results.
June 10, 2009 7:06:40 AM

rojito said:
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail:

KINGWIN XT-1264 120mm Xtreme Direct H.T.C. (Heat-pipe Touch Chip) CPU Cooler w/ 1366 Bracket - Retail:

Or OCZ Veendetta 120mm fan.

[#ff2100][#ff0026][#ff0004]They are very cheap and efficient solutions, you have to pay double or more to get 1 to 3 degrees less.
[/#ff0026][/#ff2100][/#2e00ff]
For now I suggest you try with the case open to see if temps drop a little. If they do, it means your case fans are taking the airflow the cpu cooler needs and have to rethink the directions.

Here's a review on the xigmatek
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/therma...

what :heink:  having such an high end cooler reduces only about 3 degress!!, :cry:  god am getting sick now, i thought they will carry out atleast - 10-20 degrees... or is there anything best except water cooling system,apparently my motherboard [asus p5n-d n-force 750i sli chipset wont support these features [no heat pipes] :pfff: 
June 10, 2009 3:49:20 PM

striker10001 said:
what :heink:  having such an high end cooler reduces only about 3 degress!!, :cry:  god am getting sick now, i thought they will carry out atleast - 10-20 degrees... or is there anything best except water cooling system,apparently my motherboard [asus p5n-d n-force 750i sli chipset wont support these features [no heat pipes] :pfff: 

Sorry, you misunderstood me. I was talking about the difference between the Xigmatek (cheap) and a top of the line (expensive) cooler

On the other hand, are you ever going to tell us if you tried opening the case and watch for changes on temps?
a b à CPUs
June 10, 2009 6:30:16 PM

striker10001 said:
thanks for your suggestion twoboxer, but the problem is i never designed the airflow, these stupid airflow design came along with the cpu cabin,i can't reverse the top fan, i can't reach it with screw drivers, i'll reverse all the other and post the results.

OK, if you can't reverse the top fan, I want to suggest a slightly different test setup:

- Top fan = off
- Rear fan = Out
- Large Side fan = In
- Small Side fan = In

I'd like convection and designed air flow to work together to get air flowing past the psu cooler and then out of the case, even with one less fan.

After you get a sense of what that does for your temps, try covering up the top fan so very little if any air flows out through the disabled fan and test again. I don't think it'll get better, should do slightly worse, but its an easy test to do.
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest
!