Help needed with Rams

G

Ok so people i have a Siemes Scaleo T...
i have a Gigabyte GA-8I945PE mother board...and i am running windows XP

so now the problem is that...there are 4 slots for the RAM in it.

with 2 each sides......on one side the RAM slots color is yellow then red and on the other side its yellow and red again.....

i have 4 RAMS.
two of them are DDR2 1GB 667 MHZ and the other two are DDR2 800 MHZ

when i put the 800 MHZ RAM only the PC starts.
when i put 2 800 MHZ RAMS the PC doesnt start....it switches on but no sounds and no display nothing comes up.......

and thats the same case with the the 667 MHZ RAMs too...
plz help me with that...on how can i put atleast 2 GB of RAM and MAke them work.........how should i arrange them

THank in advance.

G

well my RAMS are PCX

but the thing is if it doesnt support DDR2 800 MHZ
then it should support the 667 MHZ

but then also if i put in the 800 MHZ alone it works...and if i put the other 800 MHZ too it doent work...
i dont realy get it...D:

MGDJoker

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Hmmmm its probably stepping the 800mhz down. Ahhh Ive never heard of PCX before. I would mix and match RAM into the slot that works and see if u get a post and see how it acts when it boots into the OS. If u can only get it to post with just that 1 stick and only 1 stick . Your RAM is probley bad. Make sure when installing it that you ground yourself out to the case before going inside the machine. Also it wouldnt probley hurt taking it to a local computer shop, and explaining your issue to them as worst case scenario. DO NOT TAKE IT TO GEEK SQUAD!!!!

bilbat

Splendid
I cannot find documentation at Gigabyte for a GA-8I945PE; I only get 8I945GMH-RH, 8I945GMHP-G, 8I945P-G-RH, and 8I945PL-G. Of these, none lists explicit support for DDR2-800 speeds; all support DDR2-667, except for 8I945PL-G, which only lists DDR2-533. As your system seems to work with your DDR2-800, with only one stick installed, we'll try to work from there...

It is never a good idea to 'mix' different types of RAM, so we'll try to get both sticks of 800 working first; if that fails, we will attempt to get the two 667s to work. Power down and remove all sticks except for one stick of 800 in the slot closest to the CPU. Place a jumper on the CLR-CMOS pins on the motherboard for a few moments, then remove it. Boot up - if you get the GB 'splash' screen (graphic display), depress the <TAB> key to get to the POST (text disply) screen; if it starts with the text disply POST screen, depress the <DEL> key to enter the BIOS. Once showing the BIOS main screen, select the "Load Optimized Defaults" item, and depress <ENTER> to execute the function; save and exit to reboot. Power down. All four of these manuals show orange and red memory slots; if yours are yellow and red, place your second stick of RAM in the slot that is the same color as the one closest to the CPU - where your other stick is already installed. Try powering up. If this fails, repeat the entire procedure, including the jumper on/off, using your 667 stick(s) instead.