Solved

Can you add a cooler in a dell™ dimension C521

Ok so I’m thinking about adding a cooler for my Dell™ dimension C521 not one of those tall ones but the Square and circle ones what do you think? Can it be done; also I have one 4-pin female connectors on my 280 watt PSU.
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooler dell dimension c521
  1. Quote:
    if you had the e521 then yes. as for the c521, I'm not aware of one that fits.
    you would of course need one with the adjustable universal kit more than likely.
    look at the Noctua cpu cooler, I have on in my Dell (e521)..


    I mean something like this: Thermaltake MaxOrb CL-P0369 120mm CPU Coolerhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106103
  2. your chasis is 11.4 CM in width......... not much to work wrt tall coolers........you should be looking at low profile ones under 90mm....... suggesting a few ones below .......

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103046

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185129

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118030
  3. abully said:
    your chasis is 11.4 CM in width......... not much to work wrt tall coolers........you should be looking at low profile ones under 90mm....... suggesting a few ones below .......

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103046

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185129

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118030


    Ok I will. Btw here's are pics form my PC

    Dell Heatsink
    http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6656/dscn1009c.jpg

    The around the heatsink+ the fan in Exhaust fan mode.

    http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2694/dscn1008h.jpg
  4. it would help if you can let me know what height you have to work with????? The width i got from the net for the dell is 11.4 but in the pic you gave it looks more...........
  5. abully said:
    it would help if you can let me know what height you have to work with????? The width i got from the net for the dell is 11.4 but in the pic you gave it looks more...........


    Ok Here are the dimensions for the the stock dell heatsink:

    W:11 CM

    H: 7 CM
  6. I didnt ask for the dimensions of the stock cooler.......... i asked the dimensions for the case......... the width of the case when i researched is 11.4CM......... you can tell me whether its right or not.........

    Anyway how much of a gap do u have from the top of the stock cooler to the side case door???????
  7. abully said:
    I didnt ask for the dimensions of the stock cooler.......... i asked the dimensions for the case......... the width of the case when i researched is 11.4CM......... you can tell me whether its right or not.........

    Anyway how much of a gap do u have from the top of the stock cooler to the side case door???????


    Your right here's some info about the case:

    Height 11.4 cm (4.5 inches)

    Width 39.9 cm (15.7 inches)

    Depth 35.3 cm (13.9 inches)

    As for the gap form the top of the stock cooler to the side case door I really don't know sorry :( .
  8. Best answer
    OK since you have 11.4cm (114mm) to work with lets do a simple math.........

    Space Available - 114, minus 25mm for motherboard & CPU offset..........

    that gives you around 90mm to work with......... you should not be looking at anything above 80mm........... the best choices are Scythe Big Shuriken and Zalman CNPS8700.......... in that order.........
  9. abully said:
    OK since you have 11.4cm (114mm) to work with lets do a simple math.........

    Space Available - 114, minus 25mm for motherboard & CPU offset..........

    that gives you around 90mm to work with......... you should not be looking at anything above 80mm........... the best choices are Scythe Big Shuriken and Zalman CNPS8700.......... in that order.........


    Ok so I should buy any cooler that has a Height on or at 80mm?

    Quote:
    ^
    i personally use a zalman cooler in one of my units.
    if you go that way, i recommend them.


    Ok I'll look into that.
  10. YUP......... 80mm or less..........
  11. abully said:
    YUP......... 80mm or less..........


    Ok thanks.
  12. Best answer selected by ITsonic.
  13. All the best for the install and thnx for the BA
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Dimension Overclocking Product