OCZSSD3-2VTX120G vs OCZSSD2-1VTXT120G

swordfish1030

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
OCZSSD3-2VTX120G vs OCZSSD2-1VTXT120G

Which is better?

I currently have the OCZ Vertex Turbo 120g SSD and I love it!! FAST, Dependable!, Reliable !

I see that they are using the new SandForce controller/mem manager in the newest OCZ Vertex 2 SSDs.
The SandForce is a superior controller/mem manager compared to the older OCZ Vertex Turbo's controller.
However the new units have inferior memory chips compared to the old turbo ssds to save on the cost of the new models.

With this in mind, I would think that a person would be better getting the Turbo SSD, if they are seeking stability and reliability
as well as long life and less chance of integrity/information loss. If you are seeking nothing but the FASTEST SSD than go for the
newer one with the sandforce.

Am I correct in this opinion? Does anyone know of a link where these two were tested or any real world information to make the best decision on which to purchase.

( to me this is like buying two sports cars. One is fast and dependable and the other, newer model is by far faster but has more
repair costs and a greater chance of dieing altogether. )

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
OCZSSD3-2VTX120G is much faster due to its superior controller, the SandForce 1200.

and

OCZSSD3-2VTX120G is a 3.5" Vertex 2
OCZSSD2-1VTXT120G is a 2.5" Vertex 1
What do you think?

By the way, SandForce based OCZ drives are faster than SandForce based drives from other brands.