menialwitnesl1l

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
I'm trying to remove stuff on my new computer, and I need some advise on what all can be removed.
These are what I'd like to delete, but I'd like to know if I should keep them:

Adobe Reader 9.1 MUI - 650 MB
Apple Application Support - 42.8 MB
Apple Mobile Device Support - 20.6 MB
Asus Fancy Start - 12.0 MB
Asus Lifeframe3 - 27.7 MB
Bonjour - 1.74 MB
Java 6 - 94.8 MB

Solution
You can remove any of those but then of course you won't be able to use the functions that each piece provides. Java is widely used by web pages, so you'll have trouble viewing a lot of the stuff on the Internet if you remove it. Adobe reader is used for PDF documents, also very common.

There are alternatives to Adobe reader that are smaller and have less security exposure - the Foxit PDF Reader, for example.

mgrzTX

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

Are you in need of more free space or just deleting bloat-ware? If you're using itunes or quicktime then you can't delete Bonjour but if it's just from the other 2 apple apps then just delete it. Adobe Reader in general is a must have at least for me, and Java 6 is pretty necessary as well. I doubt either of the Apple or ASUS applications will be useful unless you're already planning on using them.

You can remove any of those but then of course you won't be able to use the functions that each piece provides. Java is widely used by web pages, so you'll have trouble viewing a lot of the stuff on the Internet if you remove it. Adobe reader is used for PDF documents, also very common.

There are alternatives to Adobe reader that are smaller and have less security exposure - the Foxit PDF Reader, for example.

Solution