Stuck on BIOS screen PLEASE HELP!!

Hey everyone, Im have a HUGE problem at the moment and I hope someone can help me, I recently just restarted my computer and upon rebooting the screen is completley frozen on the bios screen?? I cant change boot order, I cant hit any button as nothing works.. I tried changing hard drives at no avail but yet once in every 20 restarts it will take me to a blackscreen saying checksum error! I have a 790fxta-ud5 mobo and a 750w corsair tx, I have no idea on how i can possibly fix this as it just straight freezes!! please help somebody, also i have tried changing both my video cards, xfx 5850 and i have tried using only 1 stick of ram in different slots still freezes, thanks for any input
2 answers Last reply
More about stuck bios screen help
  1. Some motherboard have a "Clear CMOS" button, hit that if it does.
    If it doesn't check your manual. There should be a couple of jumpers near the battery.
    If you don't know where your manual is, just take the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in.
  2. hey thanks for the reply, I have tried removing battery, and still the same thing?? i took everything apart this morning and tried pretty much every combination of things and it still freezes right at the bios... i guess im just looking to know what i need to replace as obviously something is broken, thanks again
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards BIOS Overclocking