Sign in with
Your question

Stuck on BIOS screen PLEASE HELP!!

Last response: in Overclocking
October 17, 2010 4:01:28 AM

Hey everyone, Im have a HUGE problem at the moment and I hope someone can help me, I recently just restarted my computer and upon rebooting the screen is completley frozen on the bios screen?? I cant change boot order, I cant hit any button as nothing works.. I tried changing hard drives at no avail but yet once in every 20 restarts it will take me to a blackscreen saying checksum error! I have a 790fxta-ud5 mobo and a 750w corsair tx, I have no idea on how i can possibly fix this as it just straight freezes!! please help somebody, also i have tried changing both my video cards, xfx 5850 and i have tried using only 1 stick of ram in different slots still freezes, thanks for any input

More about : stuck bios screen

a b K Overclocking
October 17, 2010 1:24:19 PM

Some motherboard have a "Clear CMOS" button, hit that if it does.
If it doesn't check your manual. There should be a couple of jumpers near the battery.
If you don't know where your manual is, just take the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in.
m
l
October 17, 2010 9:20:45 PM

hey thanks for the reply, I have tried removing battery, and still the same thing?? i took everything apart this morning and tried pretty much every combination of things and it still freezes right at the bios... i guess im just looking to know what i need to replace as obviously something is broken, thanks again
m
l
!