Sign in with
Your question

My Windows 7 Can't see my SSD ?

Last response: in Storage
September 26, 2010 1:20:30 PM

Ok here's the thing am trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit but where I come to "Where do you want to install Windows?" the Box is empty but my SSD is connected and shows on the post screen under pysical disk am trying to install it as Disk 0 which is Sata 3 port 1 ( My SSD is Sata 3 Crucial C300 128gb )

But here's the problem when I use the same Sata 3 port 1 for a 2TB Hard drive I see it in the Windows box ? to be honest this Sata 3 port 1 was originally used 1st time for the 2TB Hard drive and i even formatted it could this be the problem do I need to erase it even though notthings on it maybe the Sata 3 port 1 needs a wipe out
I just want my SSD which is gonna have the operating system to show up as Disk 0 which obviously is Sata 3 port 1
Sata 3 port 2 becomes Disk 1
While my SSD does show up on Sata 3 Port 2 in the Windows Box but it shows as Disk 1

More about : windows ssd

September 28, 2010 4:59:12 PM

shadowman007 said:
Ok here's the thing am trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit but where I come to "Where do you want to install Windows?" the Box is empty but my SSD is connected and shows on the post screen under pysical disk am trying to install it as Disk 0 which is Sata 3 port 1 ( My SSD is Sata 3 Crucial C300 128gb )

But here's the problem when I use the same Sata 3 port 1 for a 2TB Hard drive I see it in the Windows box ? to be honest this Sata 3 port 1 was originally used 1st time for the 2TB Hard drive and i even formatted it could this be the problem do I need to erase it even though notthings on it maybe the Sata 3 port 1 needs a wipe out
I just want my SSD which is gonna have the operating system to show up as Disk 0 which obviously is Sata 3 port 1
Sata 3 port 2 becomes Disk 1
While my SSD does show up on Sata 3 Port 2 in the Windows Box but it shows as Disk 1

Your SSD should be the only disk drive plugged into your mobo at the time of installation. If in BIOS your SATA ports are set to AHCI you may have to download the AHCI drivers onto a usb stick and load them during Windows 7 installation. If you don't want to do this method (which is the preffered method), you can configure your sata ports in BIOS to IDE mode. In this mode it will recognize your SSD and allow you to install your OS. If you want to change it back to AHCI after install you just edit one registry value (easy and quick to do and there are plenty of guides out there to walk you through this) and just restart your computer and everything should work fine.

Good luck!
!