295 GTX no blue light, no fan spin, black screen

SuIXo

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
I got an AWESOME problem, story is:

I bought a 295 GTX point of view, installed it on a P5N32-E SLI with 4 GB DDR2 800MHz, Intel Q6600 and a 850W Thermaltake PSU.
At first I put the 295 on the PCIX No. 1. As result when I started the computer I got only the green light (no blue nor red). The fan didn't started
and nothing on the screen. Rest of hardware seems to run perfectly.
Then I tried it on the second PCIX. There, everything OK, the GPU runs correctly and I had great fun until I decided to buy the XFX 790I SLI ULTRA mobo
with 2x2GB DDR3 1333 MHz.

I installed everything and then, bingo, same problem as the first time. Only green light, when I start the computer the fan does not turn on (so I suppose the whole GPU isn't starting since there is no blue light). I tried it on the other 2 PCIX and it still don't work, I tried every combination of pins, the two PCIE directly from the PSU, the other two
extensible, one of each, etc. Still nothing. I tried the GPU on an other computer and it works perfectly. I tried with only one memory module and another PSU and nothing.
Still black screen and no fan spin with only green light. I tried an 8800 GTS I had, the fan of this one start spinning so I suppose its OK but I still got the black screen, not
even the "no signal" message on monitor, it just do nothing.

I really don't know what it could be, please, if you got any idea help me, I'm soooooooooo stressed.Thanks

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
you got any other video cards laying around (to test motherboard functionality)? It's difficult to isolate where the problem is...

SuIXo

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
yep, a 8800GTS that I also tried but the screen still stays black. But at least the fan of the 8800 start spinning when I turn on the PC

SuIXo

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
I still don't know what it is, but I bought a new Motherboard time ago, a XFX 790ISLI, and new ddr3 ram. Now it is going well.

I suppose it was the motherboard PCI slot. I any way, don't worry, it's not the GPU, for me at least. Good luck