Sign in with
Your question

Custom Windows Install

Last response: in Windows 7
September 18, 2011 6:11:31 AM

So I just reinstalled windows, did all the updates and installed a few programs. I want to some how clone these 20 gigs and be able to make an iso. Next time I want to install windows I want to boot with this iso using a usb stick. So I wont have to do windows updates, install drivers and change settings again.

Not sure what program does this, any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

More about : custom windows install

September 18, 2011 6:19:09 AM

I use Acronis Backup - about $40. If you are using at least one Western Digital drive, WD has a free version on their website.

And it can go into the iso and extrack individual files - very useful if a particular file gets corrupted.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 18, 2011 6:34:29 AM

I think the OP is asking about installing the OS again. You want to slipstream the updates (Esp service pack 1) into a disk so you don't need to do a boat load of updates, yes? Google articles on slipstream SP1 WIN 7 and you should find some tutorials that will help. And yes, you can burn an iso so that the OS and all updates will install at once.
m
l
Related resources
September 18, 2011 6:38:12 AM

Just tried to use the WD version and it wont detect my HDs I think its cause they are in raid?

And I want to do more than just slipstream I want all the programs, updates, settings I have made into 1 iso.
m
l
September 18, 2011 10:47:56 PM

still need help :( 
m
l
a c 229 $ Windows 7
September 19, 2011 12:26:08 PM

Why not just use cloning software and create an image of the drive. You can then restore the image at any time using a live cd. Try clonezilla.

http://www.clonezilla.org.
m
l
!